Which Pod

M

Mickey Caffin

I'm looking to buy a new pod,the Fox one I have twists everytime I pick a rod up to either strike or make an adjustment setting off the other rod.
Is this the norm with pods??.
So I'm looking at the Fox Quattro pod which looks like it can't twist.
I like the look of the Solar Sod Pod,but does this twist?
Can anyone give any recommendations.
Also what is a goalpost set up apart from I know the bars look like a goal post.
Apologies for the lenght of the thread or if it's been already covered.Regards

D

Dave Rothery

I've got a solar pod, but only use it if i cant get banksticks in - yes it twists!
goalpost set ups basically have a bankstick at either end of the buzzer, eliminating twist. use single banksticks and you wont get the problem

S

Sir Steven Blanksalot

I used to have the Fox Evo Pod and it used to twist and the legs used to buckle! I decided to get a Quattro and it is excellent! Very sturdy, cant be pulled over, and it looks the biz(like that matters), I payed just over ?100 for the three rod kit.
The only gripe I have is that it takes quite a long time to set up, but then again it isnt a race is it!!!

I cant comment on the solar pod cos I havent seen one, my advice is get the Quattro!

T

The Monk

Use fox mate, found them great now, some of the early stuff was dodgy though and I've had problems with solar in the past, got a couple of fox euros from new, they've been knocked about a lot over the years but still do the job!

S

Simon Webster

The Solar stuff twists- Looks nice though- even better if you don't get a run! Still, it does the job, though I wouldnt' recommend it for snag fishing ;) Simon

D

Dave Rothery

I dont get twisting problems when i actually remember to use a coin to tighten the nuts (like they tell you to!)

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I used to use pods, then moved to goal posts but now I'm back to singles again. I find you can cut down the friction on indication if your rod is pointing to the same place as your bait!!!!

C

Cakey

Stu
just my warped sense of humour imagining your rods pointing at your bait in your bivvy.
in the words of Roto hahahahahaha