Chair advice needed

richiekelly

Reaction score
just come back from a day on the warwickshire avon and my old knackered knees are killing me, the chair that i am using is to low can anyone reccomend a lightweight chair with fairly long legs? on a better note i had two barbel 8:1 and 9:2 bit of a surprise really as there was a frost this morning.

Morespiders

Reaction score
I had same problem mate, get one of the korums like EC says I got one, much better getting up now.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Don't get the Chub Lounger Reclining Chair.

2288555f46b1c30da30fefeb3b841062.jpg

Nice to sit on when you get it there, but carrying it is something else. Too heavy.

Reaction score
The jrc cocoon is a really nice wide comfy chair with long legs , i also have the korum chair and i will pick up the cocoon every time .

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just got one next day delivery, first impressions are just what I need.

CHUB: Hi - Lite / Lo - Lite Chairs
Two new and extremely lightweight chairs designed to cover many aspects of angling. The chairs are ideal for the roving angler and day sessions or simply for use as a bivvy/ guest chair. Both have very comfortable padded covers and individually adjustable legs with swivelling fold flat mudfeet for easy storage. Each chair features a SnooperTM style leg brace for added strength. The main difference between the two chairs is the leg height. Velcro fasteners ensure total security during transit.

£56 Hi-Lite

Last edited:

sagalout

Reaction score
I got the nash daddy long legs indulgence smashing chair but you a sherpa if you are going any distance.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Get the Memsahib to carry it, the weight isn't a problem then :D not only that but if she drops you off, carries the heavy stuff then returns to the car to pick you up when you have finished fishing so much the better.

It isn't just about the weight though is it? Chairs with big footprints that you can't fit into a swim are useless no matter how comfortable and light they may be.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have both the Korum Standard and the Lightweight chairs and would recommend them without hesitation.

The lightweight is suberb for when on the river and roaming, and the standard one is used for stillwaters with not too far to walk.

both excellent products.

Disclaimer: I have no association with Korum/Preston other than as a very happy customer.

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I have no association with Korum/Preston other than as a very happy customer.

I've tried that line PJ...still no freebies from Korum...nor from Paddy at Pallet Wracks....its just getting so hard to blag these days. Mind you I always recommend people to get their oil and gas products from Qatar!!! (That should be worth a few quid:wh;))

sagalout

Reaction score
Chairs with big footprints that you can't fit into a swim are useless
I did find that the chair and me two rod pods (one rod per pod so I can set them anyhow I like) would'nt fit comfortably in a lot of swims, but me personalised accessory chair is just the job, cause it's even heavier now.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried that line PJ...still no freebies from Korum...nor from Paddy at Pallet Wracks....its just getting so hard to blag these days.

I know Paul; hence the reasons behind being the Tackle Tart that I am, and all at my own expense too.

As for petroleum products, they are all alike in truth LOL

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
I too, have the Korum chair. I rather like it, though I seem to have purchased one with a magic carrying strap. It is forever releasing itself from the hooks on the chair whereupon it lands on my toe. This feat of prestidigitation has resulted in it recieving many new names which I don't suppose Korum would be interested in.

Perhaps its greatest singular feat is that it accepts the legs from Preston Innovations seat boxes and can therefore be made to mimic a stick insect and suit a chap of any leg proportions.

In fact it was this trait that made me purchase it, as my knees have long ago decided they don't think damp riverbanks are the place for a chap of my advancing years.

Now if Korum can just be persuaded to supply a knee blanket to go with it I'd be much obliged.

In 'camo', of course !

yours, ...

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I know Paul; hence the reasons behind being the Tackle Tart that I am, and all at my own expense too.

As for petroleum products, they are all alike in truth LOL

Posher, Peter - it does work - you just need the right product to blag

I get all my chimps from Mary Chipperfield - you can't beat her chimps - well you can but you'd end up in court like her:wh

richiekelly

Reaction score
Just got one next day delivery, first impressions are just what I need.

CHUB: Hi - Lite / Lo - Lite Chairs
Two new and extremely lightweight chairs designed to cover many aspects of angling. The chairs are ideal for the roving angler and day sessions or simply for use as a bivvy/ guest chair. Both have very comfortable padded covers and individually adjustable legs with swivelling fold flat mudfeet for easy storage. Each chair features a SnooperTM style leg brace for added strength. The main difference between the two chairs is the leg height. Velcro fasteners ensure total security during transit.

£56 Hi-Lite

fred this chair looks to be what i need as well have you any idea how long the legs are when not extended

CAT

Reaction score
It just so happens i have a brand new Korum Deluxe accessory chair for sale its still in the box with arm rests, never been used arrived on my door step last week as a prize but i have two Korum chairs already RRP £100 i want £60 collection only but i could meet you half way.

Any one interested in a bargain?