Battle of the Bivvies

Baz Green

Reaction score
Right gents I have been saving for over a year now and have got 100 pounds, yes, 100 pounds to spend on a new bivvy!! (I know tight fisted - but ive got 3 kids, a wife and cat to feed!!) I have been looking at the recently newly released GIANT Dome - Has anyone bought one/seen one and can give me any feedback? I have also been looking at the badger bivvies but I experience with their kit has not been impressive at all. If anyone can give some sensible comments it would be most appreciated. Please do not tell me I should buy a bla bla bla at 200 pounds. Killing the wife for the insurance money is out of the question!

Thanks

Baz

T

The Monk

Not wanting to disturb your philosophy Baz, but women and wives come and go, a bivvy however, is for life!

I like my Hutchys and Fox, ?100 quid should get you a good secondhand one?

B

Brett Chilvers

Hi wask, got a great idea. why don't u sell your bite alarms u dont turn them on anyway. in fact why dont u sell your rods too, come to think of it if u sold all your stuff you could get a top of the range palace, u won't catch any fish (whats new)but at least you will look the bo***ks while your asleep. P.S. dont forget to sign up to camping.com

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Baz,
Check out the older Diawa's, if u hunt round you can pick up the old model 1 nd 2 man for around 100.00

A

Anthony Coser

What about the JRC Defender domes?,they look pretty good and for under ?100.

G

Gary Powell

Bennetts have a deal on tracker two man dome half price at ?79 dont know what they are like but it keeps the rain of then its ok as far as i am concerned

GARY

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
The giant dome appears to be too cheap to be any good, but a friend had done over 150 nights before it needed any real repairing.

He did say that the poles supplied were not up to the conditions he was expecting so he changed them. Apart from that the Dome performed OK.

For ?99 it looks like a good deal.

V

vince battams

i know spmeone who has a chub discovery 2man dome, easy to put up, twin skin and condensation free.