The Angling Trust (payment question).

Bluenose

Reaction score
My subs are due.

Can we pay by direct debit each and every month? If not, why not?

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I have suggested they allow monthly DDs at say £2 per month = £24 per year - OR - if you're paying yearly £20 and consider it a discount.

I wouldn't miss £2 per month and if it gives them another £4 per year then great.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Can we pay by direct debit each and every month? If not, why not?

Serious contribution:
Administration costs would be pretty high I'd think EC.

Less than Serious contribution:
Nonetheless, I'd be happy to advance the annual sum in consideration for my usual, 212% APR interest rates . . . . . . . ????

Bluenose

Reaction score
So how much do the banks charge for DD payments then?

Is there a simple answer?

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Another point of interest, if you pay by cheque, credit card you can also make a voluntary donation, no such facility highlighted when you pay by direct debit, had to write a covering letter to explain difference between direct debit amount, £20, and amount i'd actually put in box for bank.

Steve King

Reaction score
The charges vary according to the bank or processor, it can be as little as £1 per batch of DDs but I have known charges of £20 per batch. plus a charge per transaction of between 15p to 50p.

preston96

Reaction score
My Chrystal ball tells me that the coming year will see a short coming in AT funds unless they act NOW!

preston96

Reaction score
What do you reckon they need to do mate?

Just talk to us.....and stop acting like high flying business men.

Stand up for what anglers really believe in............oh ******! the first bit will have to do for now ;)

Bluenose

Reaction score
In all fairness there was a fair bit of personal communication on here prior to getting launched, doesn't happen as much now except via press release.

That said if I saw Mark Lloyd logged in as much as you, I'd be on the blower telling him to get some work done.

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
The work processing the current membership by par-time staff and unpaid help is stretching AT resources as it is, to give everyone the option of making 12 payments would cause absolute chaos.
My club gives the option of 6 monthly Standing Order payment, but I don't encourage it, and even for the small numbers involved it is a pain in the backside to administer.

The current AT yearly DD system couldn't really be much easier and surely accounts can be managed so as not to cause any problem when the yearly £20 is taken out.

preston96

Reaction score
In all fairness there was a fair bit of personal communication on here prior to getting launched, doesn't happen as much now except via press release.

That said if I saw Mark Lloyd logged in as much as you, I'd be on the blower telling him to get some work done.

I do a 60hr+ week ( at least 3 nights away from home) before i come on here (10hrs fishing today tho) ..................if he did as much CONSTRUCTIVE work as i do for those who pay him then AT would be in a better state than it is now.

I will say it again....i think there should be less playing the high powered businessman and more getting into the sticky stuff...............or move over and let someone who doesn't mind getting their hands dirty do the job.

A

alan whittington

Your probably right Paul,i feel the next 12-18 months could be worryingly critical for the trust,i hope not and god willing my money will be there for them.