Selby Three Lakes Fish-in

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I?d like to keep this thread as clean and clear and as uncluttered as possible. It?ll be a slow process getting this together, but this?ll be the place where relevant information can be obtained. If someone wants to set up another thread surrounding general chat, then excellent please do so and I?ll post there. As I said, I need to run numbers etc and will do as soon as I can put some time aside. The following listing shows those who have emailed me and posted since we upped the stakes etc although the mechanics will now be different. The dates are the same:

Selby 3 Lakes(North Yorkshire I believe), its been booked for 48 hours and again we will be looking into this i.e. a 24 hour match in-between which will allow some anglers to fish longer if they so desire, but the compo will cover 24 hours. The dates are: Tuesday 29th April 2003 thru to Thursday 1st May. For now, could those listed below send me a quick email to stuart@mymovies.net with their name and ?confirmed? in the subject box please. I?ll run through these confirmations quickly then open the event right up. Please note that if your name isn?t down, then it?s not because you?ve been forgotten or I?m being funny, it?s just a clarification stage so please don?t take offence. For those whose name isn?t down please help me here by sending a separate email with your details and state ?wish to come? in the subject box. If you want to call me, then my mobile number is now on the link where my name is on the side of this post.

Stuart Dennis
Rik
Graham
Roto
Cakey
Warren
Murray
Andrew Jackson
Austin Buchan
Tony Wainwright
Phil Hatton
Stuart Bullard
Alan Roe
Dave Rothery
Richard Farrow
Cakey?s Boy Lee
Waynetta Mitchell
Mike Lee
Ian Grant
Uncle Brett

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
sorry.... or send me an email saying, 'do not wish to come' (FATTY).
Sorry to be a pain here, but clarity is key.

I

Ian Grant

I still don't know the dates Stu, Could you post or e-mail me with it?
I've Just started a new Job,and haven't accrued any holiday yet, i think if it's a few months into the new year at least, it won't be a problem, and even if it's earlier
i'd may be able to get round it, i'm e-mailing you anyway with a wish to come.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
The dates are listed above Ian in the scond paragraph. Its April next year. Hope you can make it matey.

A

Alan Roe

Right lets make it easy for all of us including me!

It seems to me that the best way to sort this out and set it in concrete is to use the figure that Stuart posted on the now defunct thread as the costs of the event being ?50 per head.

From my undertsanding that includes some food and ale or in the case of the southern softies shandy or thin lager.

To my way of thinking that represents something of a bargain a weekends quality fishing, food and ale for ?50!!

So can I suggest that we all send a non returnable deposit of ?50 to Stuart for our tickets. Then he can send us the sponsorhip forms so that the money that we can raise as individuals is a separate issue and each can raise as much as we want or are able too.

This way everyone can feel that they have paid their way for the fish-in and have done what they feel best able too in the way of raising funds.

A

Alan Roe

One of the reasons I trout fish is because it is harder than getting you lot to rise to a bait!:)

When you work shifts as I do any two day break at the end of a work period tends to get classed as a weekend.

Anyone want a nice easy job at the sharp end of psychiatry???....I thought not!!

It's a mans life in the NHS........!

So to correct my post to read "the equivalent to a weekends fishing" etc etc etc....

C

Cakey

page 75 of Total Carp November issue,a write up on Selby.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Dave, thanks for pointing that out mate, but Alan's just been on the phone and he works shifts which means he dosen't know the difference between weekdays and weekends half the time (his words not mine).
He's made a sugestion, and I'm always open for suggestions so what do you think?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
oops, Alan's said it for me, for some reason the page wasn't refreshing hence my explanation.

D

Dave Rothery

So we are trying to catch fish then cakey, or does it just list off licences/take away's etc?

D

Dave Rothery

Selby was also in "advanced carp fisng" a month or so ago. and in all julian cundiffs articles until last year in carpworld

C

Carp Angler

I wouldn't buy Total Carp on the strength of the Selby article.
There's more info on the website, where it looks as though the info for the article was taken.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"From my undertsanding that includes some food and ale or in the case of the southern softies shandy or thin lager."

SHANDY MY ARSE.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
This Carp fishing is so difficult to get off the drawing board!!!!!! Thats why I fish with Wol, for anything that comes along :)

C

Cakey

I wouldn't buy Total Carp but its worth a 5 min read in tesco's while the wife is getting the shopping.

M

Malcolm Bason

WOW, your wife's quick Cakey! I would have to read every magazine on the shelf while mine went shopping in Tesco's!!!

D

Dave Rothery

Maybe they ought to bring out a "totaladvancedbigcarpfisherworld" - you might have more articles than ads then!

C

Cakey

I do read every mag but I spend more time reading the gay mags looking for you Malcom