CHANGING MY DETAILS!

J

Jeff Butler

Hi there, Just wondered if the site boss's would kindly inform me of how I can change my personal details on FM? I want to put on my new email address on but when I do it in the 'update details' bit it comes back the same time and time again, is there something wrong with the update system...???

Kind regards
Jeff

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'll ask the tech boys but in the meantime send your new details to me and I'll do it for you. Is anyone else having similar problems?

A

Alan (brush) Broomhead

yep, I tried updating the My Sport section many times....favourite rod shows as a Carp rod, is in fact a match rod, but always defaults back to Carp ... the other thing I mentioned before, when I unwittingly mentioned the word 'spam' (can feel my face reddening already) Let me try and explain a little more thoroughly Graham...

I posted a message in Barbel Fishing, and ticked the box for email notification when a response is made, since then I have had about 150 auto responses (my original post was #80 they are now at #234), every time someone posts on barbel fishing, I receive an e-mail .. I have tried all the available options for turning off e-mail notification etc.....I even tried posting (the spam post, which I see you have thankfully deleted ;-) ) with e-mail turned off, to try and set it back to 'no notification', but that didn't work either. Seems that once you have made a commitment to a thread, you cannot undo it.

I hope that was a little clearer

T

Tony Wainwright (Twainy)

Graham, I have the same problem,(notification that is, not my old "problem") :mad:)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'm off out for the day soon so I can't do anything for anybody today. But the best thing to do with these technical problems is email <a href=mailto:support@magicalia.com>support@magicalia.com</a> and explain as much as you can about what's happening.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Alan have you tried un-checking the 'E-mail notification when response is made?' box at the bottom of the Message box where you enter your posts?

R

Rodney Wrestt

It reads 'Disable e-mail notification on this thread' before a post is entered and changes to 'E-mail notification when response is made?' when you enter a post in a thread.

T

Tony Wainwright (Twainy)

Such is life Rod, as one door closes another one slams in your face !!
TBH I havent got a clue about computers!

A

Alan (brush) Broomhead

Rodney.....yes tried all that, with no success

DJ ... Now where in my post did I say I actually 'read' the e-mails?? ... grin ... cheers mate, will give that a try next mail I get

R

Rodney Wrestt

Tony,
neither do I, we jus' got 'lectric and glass candles, click....light comes on, click....light goes off, click.....light comes on....hehehehehehehehehehehe :eek:)

Alan,
I tried :eek:)