A different view of a kingfisher!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Fantastic, though he cheated.
He should have been holding his breath under water poised ready by a tree where the Kingfisher dive of.
I wonder how long it took for the Kingfisher to get accustumed to the tank?
I think someone once did a video shoot of a Kingfisher feeding but they sunk a tank into a canal and had fish in the tank, the top of the tank was level with the water of the canal, the camera in an underwater housing.
And we say we fisherman have patience. Brilliant.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I thought they were superb, did you see the comments some of the readers left in the comments section. *****y/jealous or what?

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant!

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Looks like we'r not alone on the troll front!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
At the time we did some carp fishing photography - July/August 2008 - Adrian mentioned he was doing kingfisher shots which were standard poses on a stick perch. I said that such poses had been done a thousand times before but that action shots were much rarer and sought after. I suggested feeding the water below the perch with bread crumbs to attract minnows and as a result he started to get better action shots. He has spent a huge amount of time getting these shots.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
What is it with kingfishers and anglers? I don't know which is held in greater esteem, it or the roach both of which have attracted anglers probably forever.

For whatever reason (food?) there are a multitude of kingfishers residing on the Teme. so many in fact that I can almost guarantee spotting at least one during a days fishing. Sometimes it is a kingfisher perched and sometimes just a fleeting glimpse of that electric blue as it catches the corner of my eye but it gives me almost as much pleasure as the fish. Is it just me or is it all anglers?

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I would say all anglers Graham.

I had the privilige of watching one for a few minutes on the banks of the Severn near Worcester from no more than five yards away.

Unfortunately, as soon as I gingerly reached for my camera it was gone. I did see three minnows caught and eaten first though.

Windy

Reaction score
I thought they were superb, did you see the comments some of the readers left in the comments section. *****y/jealous or what?

I have to say that I have rarely seen such a miserable whingeing bunch of unmeritorious, jealous and spiteful comments in my life !

Brilliant photos.

ronbc5

Reaction score
Funny isn't it how seeing a Kingfisher is always commented on when you get home. Its always privilege to see that flash of blue go speeding past or even watch one fishing from a tree or favourite perch site...........:)