Will it be

R

Ron Clay

Looks like a decent piece of equipment and I need a new unhooking mat. Problem is, will it be big enough for my future Trent barbel record? :eek:)

G

Gary Knowles

you could always buy 2 and have them sewn together Ron....

R

Rodney Wrestt

and use them as a waterproof sleeping bag as you have a nap or watch telly in your bivvy waiting for one of the bite alarms to sound. :eek:)

R

Ron Clay

Now we are talking Rodney. To lay out lots of notes for two to sew together is one thing, but for me they would have to double as something else.

Are there any waterproof tellys available?
I'm worried about when that darned great Tsunami comes up the Trent and swamps my bivvy and 4 rod pod.

R

Rodney Wrestt

just use a bin liner to cover it Ron, the programes shown on t.v. always sound better than they are anyway.

T

Tony Wainwright (Twainy)

You could always surf the tsunami in your narrow boat. Nearly said long boat, wonder what you would look like in a viking helmet?

C

Clive Evans

Ron's 'orrible enough already, without being dressed as 'Hagar'!!

R

Ron Clay

OK OK, lets have some names for my narrow boat when I get it!!

R

Rodney Wrestt

The Arc ......same as the last one, but add II at the end :eek:)

R

Ron Clay

Up to now I like "The Ark - II."

Second: "The African Queen", but I think Humphrey Bogart has got the rights on that one.

Keep 'em coming. I'll donate ?10 to the charity of the winners choice for the best one.

P

Paul Williams

Ron.....you could equipe it with line cutters and sail the Thames cutting all the lines of those Southern river multi rod users.....and name her "Rons Revenger" or "Northern star"
I can see you know swinging over the side, cutlass in hand, knife in teeth, bugdie on shoulder....screaming "take that Robb, Wayte, Walton etc etc ye great southern woofters!!"

C

Chris Bishop

Use the unhooking mats as a mattress to save space. Just wipe the slime off before you use them for fishing.

C

Chris Bishop

Err, obviously that should have read AFTER you've used them for fishing.

G

Guy Robb

With the trent barbel being much bigger than any other barbel, would it not be better to carry a stringer as we do in india for mahseer as I am sure your barbel would tow your boat away, THE ENTERPISE the captains log still not flushed away yet.

T

Tony Wainwright (Twainy)

How about Afrikaaner? (Dont know if thats spelled correctly.)