An interesting aspect

R

Ron Clay

Ive just been up the road to buy a pint of casters for tomorrow. For ?2.25 I got a pint of the most gorgeous fresh big fat casters I have ever seen. I also got a pint and a half of top class maggies for ?3.00.

The last time I was in March - Cambs I bought a pint of casters that were rotten and had obviously been kept in the fridge for weeks. They cost me ?3.00!

It seems that the more north you travel, the cheaper casters and maggots become and at the same time the quality improves.

Those of you with maths degrees could apply a marvellous formula here. How about trying?

R

Ron Clay

Oh before I forget, you could apply the same formula to draught bitter.

S

Stuart Bullard

....houses, women, vegetables, IQ, drinking ability. It all goes down the further north you go!!

D

Dave Rothery

Maybe they knew of you Ron! They're probably carp anglers

S

Stuart Bullard

Good spot Warren, didn't realise you were a southerner?

S

Stuart Johnson

'It all goes down the further north you go'

Tell the wife that;-0

R

Ron Clay

But hang on a minute, the quality of the maggots, casters and beer goes up, the more north you get. Or that's what I think.

Come on Monk, help me out of this one!!!

G

Gerry Castles

Personally Ron I prefer a cornish pastie with my beer.

G

Guy Robb

maggots casters and beer , thank god I live down sarf.boilies,models and wine.

F

Fish Hawk

maggies ?3 a pint? you lucky lot, here in France where I live you can't buy maggies by the pint (half litre even), they come in little plastic boxes that hold about an egg cup full, the price?....80 pence a shot! Still the fishing is good, even with stewed wheat!

T

Tony Wainwright (Twainy)

Why dont you breed your own then? Its not very difficult and doesn't have to be smelly.

P

Phil Hatton

Why is it that all these north -south things are started by southerners,does the phrase 'pre-emptive strike ' ring any bells.Monk,you're our resident expert on things psychological,a classic case of cultural insecurity would'nt you agree.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Just another LOAN CRY thread.

You don't need a degree to get this either,
should appeal somewhat to the southern fraternity though.

I

ian jay

Culture - that green stuff found in the bottom of old milk bottles?

;-)

B

Barry Kneller

I don't think that the N/S divide has much to do with it, although baits generally are cheaper in the North. You seem to get this p... taking where ever there are lots of visiting anglers. Seems to be endemic in some places to rip off the grockles. Strange considering that a lot of their annual income is derived fom visiting anglers. Iv'e had exactly the same treatment with casters - I got the crap & a local angler that came in the shop shortly afterwards got some excellent casters - this in a well known shop not a million miles from Potter Heigham bridge that, I should think, relies totally on visitors to the area.

F

Fish Hawk

If the casters are crap and no good for fishing, why buy them?
Tell the shop to put them where the fish can't get to them!