Graham

• Thread starter Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt
  • Start date
W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Not been able to log properly on since yesterday!

P

Phil Hatton

Warren,try a good proprietary laxative,or failing that,six lagers and a Biriani

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I'm having problems too Warren ----I keep getting 'This page cannot be displayed ' but every now and again it works

I

ian jay

As I said on another thread - the service is not too good. I doubt if the site's company has it's own server, and relies on a third party.

The 'busy server' message did not make sense, as it appeared consistantly over (for me) at least an eight hour period. Most of it in the hours of 1am - 9am GMT.

R

robert elkin

having problems changing my email address - I can enter data in empty fields but cannot change it after.Perhaps Graham doesn`t want to send to me after I missed the AGM the other night.

C

Carp Angler

Ian

you are making assumptions.

Why don't you stop talking rubbish until Graham has had a chance to talk to the technical people who run the site.

P

Phil Hatton

Anybody having problems with E-mail member facility ? Tried it yesterday and got nowhere.Eddie I tried to mail you earlier today,did it get through ?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Seems to be all up and running ok now Mr Bibby.

You using Windows or Speak n Spell!!!

;o)

E

I only use windows to look through .........

I

ian jay

Carp Angler

Who are you saying is talking 'rubbish'.
I speak as I see it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just wind your neck in, m8 ..........

C

Carp Angler

I think with your attitude Ian, you need to wind it in a bit.

You appear from nowhere, slag off the site, slate the servers it runs on, make assumptions about the service and then try to suggest that I'm paid by the website owners.

In my mind, all of that is complete rubbish.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
In several messages directed at Carp Angler Ian Jay said:

?Your site is hosted on a not too efficient service. Please, see to it! Just get them to check the logs...... What is 'bloody good' to you, as a PAID contributor (?). As I said on another thread - the service is not too good. I doubt if the site's company has it's own server, and relies on a third party, may not be 'bloody good' to all of us. Being the 'most visited fishing site' in the UK does not excuse a 'Sorry, lads - we had a technical hitch'. How much are they paying you??

I don?t know how efficient the FISHINGmagic server is for that isn?t a topic I know a great deal about, but I do know that for about 99% of the time it runs without attracting too many complaints. No doubt FM?s technicians will ?check the logs? or whatever they need to do to correct any errors when they return to work this morning. Major errors would have been corrected more quickly.

Carp Angler, like all contributors to FM (except me, the full time salary paid editor) is not paid.

As for an apology, given chance, that?s no doubt what you will receive, as always, when we have the odd technical hitch. Perhaps Ian Jay will be big enough to apologise to Carp Angler.

The above explanation is aimed at those FM members who know FM and Carp Angler better than Ian Jay, who assumes too much, wrongly, and pitched in with almost total ignorance and not a little arrogance. No wonder Carp Angler was offended.

To all, whatever the reason for the difficulties this weekend, I'm sorry to hear about it and we'll do our best to get back to normal as soon as possible.

Maybe we already are as I'm not experiencing any difficulties this morning. But please tell us if anyone else is. We want exactly the same as you do - an FM without problems.

For god's sake, would we want anything else?

A

Andrew Thomas

Well, I'd like to be (possibly) the first to say that I have had no problems at all!

D

Dave Kennedy

had no problems myself either......

Ian is it a posability that it is your ip's router server that is running slow?

i know that was a problem with NTL world last week and as a result they had to do maintinence work and a lot of web sites would not load.

S

Stuart Bullard

...in Ian's case IP stands for "Intelligence Portion".

What drivel Ian.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It WAS a server problem and affected some members, particularly those on AOL. It was fixed yesterday as soon as the techies got wind of it.

Sincere apologies to all those who had problems.

M

Malcolm Bason

Thanks for the server problem info Graham. :eek:) Personally, I did'nt have any problems and I was able to access the FishingMagic site and its forums all weekend.

E

I had a bit of a problem ---but so what? If thats all there was to moan about ---it can't be all that bad --There are people who cant even afford a computer ..........