sleeping bags

A

andy connor

hi i'm hoping to do some long nights as winter draws in can anyone recomend a good sleeping bag i'm a bit dubious about all the stated ratings and don't want to freeze the proverbials off

Baz Green

Reaction score
Andy - If I were you I would go down to the local camping shop and buy an all seasons sleeping bag from them rather than pay the enormous prices they charge in fishing mags! The trick is to buy a sensible sleeping bag at a reasonably price and then go to your local Army surplus shop and buy a bivvy bag. They are excellent. They retain your heat and keep you dry and warm as toast.

Its your choice though!

Baz

C

Cakey

Andy
Ive got a bit of a dodgy ticker so unless I keep warm I cant fish .
So when I was recommend to a sleeping bag by Badger I was a bit dubious but it is superb and at about ?60 allows me to do the nights.
a couple of tips.....
when its cold you need a decent coat to put on .
a long bankstick in the porch of my bivvy to hang my coat on so as I get up and out I just grab the coat and put it on quick also it gives me somewhere to hang me coat if its raining

A

andrew jackson

I have found camping bags a little too small and restrictive. Another angle is that having a crash zipp is not a reqirement of a camping bag. My previous bag was a camping bag and was rated down to -15. I replaced this with a Sundridge heat control bag, and to be honest there is no comparison. The Sundrige bag is huge with loads of room to move about in, and it is just so warm and toasty in comparison. I recomended this bag to my mate, and both of us now consider these bags to be one of the best carp fishing purchases we have ever made. This is quite a claim when you consider I have been fishing for carp 19 years.