advice on PAAS waters

A

Adam Hallard

Does anyone fish prince alburts dove mere if so advice on where to fish what bait or tactics ?

J

Jon Moores

Ear plugs are a good tactic! Seriosly I can't give much advice on the carping on there but be warned the motorway noise is bad. There are also bait and other restrictions. You might look at the PAAS website forum.

J

John McLaren

I agree with Jon, there is a current thread about how its fishing on the PAAS site.

G

gary knowles

full of carp from 1lb to 25lb.

Unfortunately there are more rules than fish and the bailiffs a right bloody jobsworth....allegedly !

Robbie Cragg

Reaction score
I'm only a casual carper and fish Sandmere once a year for a blow out. Fishing on the top with mixer or crust(mostly mixer)freelined, you expect to catch between 5 and 10 fish averaging about 7lb. As PAAS continue thankfully to operate a close season, the fishing is easier the first few months, but the fish come up most of the year. The lake is very shallow at 2 to 3 feet for most so is very susceptible to temperature changes. I tend to fish on the far side as it is not as busy. There are plenty of swims. Don't forget your barbless hooks. Have fun.

M

michael rouse

Finally ......fellow prince albert people.is dove mere better than sand mere for the carp.i fished dove mere in a match and had nothing but roach and bream.iv caught 1 carp on dove mere but never tried sandmere .i had the carp on the car park side about 20 pegs down the road .