weedy rivers

dan2802

Reaction score
i am fishing a very weedy river and i dont know how to find the best spots on the river i dont really knwo where the fish would be and what tactics to use as the river is really really weedy all over and dont want to sit there for hours even days and my bait to be submerged in weed unfound
has any one got any advice or tips i would be gratfull
thanks

jcp01

Reaction score
You're not based in Britain then...? Weedy rivers are either a thing of the distant past or a thing of the fast approaching close season, here...

dan2802

Reaction score
yer i am born and based in cambridgeshire the river is the river lark its in prickwillow not very often fished and the strech i fish is down a long farm road
what i will say though is that a few months ago they did dredge the river just not the part i fish
also they have cut down all of the trees on the parts they dreged i have herd its cause the leaves were falling in the river
thanks

stravic

Reaction score
I fished that river back in the early 1970's had some nice roach, perch, etc in it, it was fairly weedy as well.We used to walk along until we found a reasonable swim fish for chub, roach,and the odd bream the weed was cut back regularly then......But it sounds like things have deteriorated,have a word with the tackle shop in Ely or Cambridge. Plus there was a fella in Wicken who sold day tickets for a Cambridge club the Albion I think, who may be able to help?......Where I fished it was fairly shallow and not to wide.