Which bivvy?

Anthony Nash

Reaction score
I,m in the market for a new bivvy as my pre 98 titan has given up the ghost.I have been looking at an aqua products 60inch brolly camp or their armadillo. But i,ve also heard good reports on the fox evolution. has anybody any firsthand experience of either or any others for that matter? I generally fish weekends throghout the year and some longer sessions.

A

andrew jackson

Cant help you with the fox or the Aqua other than to say I dont think Fox are in the same league, as far as quality goes. You dont happen to have a winter skin or extream canopy for your now retired pre 98 titan do you? I ask because my pre 98 is still going strong, and I would love a 2nd skin for it, but being perpetualy skint I have had to put up with the cold and the damp over the last few years.

C

carpin chris

I've got the 60" aqua and sides. It's very good loads of room under it and very stable even in high winds. I also have the dillo and extended winter skin, again plenty of room very good build quality. If I had to chose it would be the dillo

D

David Will

Fox Evolution Brolly with overwrap .
It is stable, light, easy to put up,, easy to put down, no trouble at all in two years use winter and summer.
I recently fished alonside a mate in a Aqua brolly with sides. It blew a gale , result he went home I stayed and now has an Aqua for sale.
Only those who do not have a Evo doubt them.I understand why as they do not look like they would stand up in a big blow but they do and better than any other bivvy I have had before.

A

Andy Thatcher

I have had an Evo for a coupel of years now and would only warn that you are careful with the centre bosses that the poles attach to as they can fall, OK can be pulled off after a while.

Ensure that the area between the forward arms is treated with waterproofer at least once a season.

Apart from that I'm a happy bunny ! Used it in any condition you can imagine and can't think of a real reason to change it.

Anthony Nash

Reaction score
Sorry Andrew but i don,t have either and if my titan hadn,t been smashed by the wind i was in the market for a winter skin myself. Best bivvy i have ever had and it still has all the seams and tapes intact. its put up with some serious abuse and still come up with the goods but i won,t be getting a viper as the quality is nowhere near as good.

ian cheshire

Reaction score
I have the aqua 60" as well, and can't fault it as yet......The Evolution is O.K, but i'd still go for the Aqua. As for the Armadillo, well, i'd love one, but cant afford it!!!!!

A

andrew jackson

Anthony where has your Titan broke? I ask because if its only the spiggot they are easy and cheap to repair. The new spiggots are ?5.50 from the Tacklebox in Kent.

D

Dave Rothery

Anthony-My titan (pre-historic!) finally died this year and i got a viper tt, and i think its better than the older ones - much roomier and you dont get the sag during the night/rain. condensation is better than the old one (that is you get less for all those smart rrrrses) - but if it bothers you, get a skin!
The main lake i fish on is on top of dartmoor-when you get a gale you GET a gale if you know i mean. all the regulars have ended up with titans......
Is it just fashionable to knock Nashy at the moment? (and i'll just say that the only nash bits i use are the titan and a quiver)
Sound of can of worms opening...........

A

andrew jackson

I saw one of the High top TT'S for the first time on the bank last month Dave. To say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatment. The MK1 titan I have is better made than any of its newer cousins, but the tt's are just in a different league alltogether, compared to the standard Viper and High top.