Its awfully quiet?

M

Malcolm Bason

I wish I could go fishing, but can't! Its so quiet on this forum at the moment so all you lucky so-and-so's must be out their in pursuit of the biggest and best?

So, come on then - make me jealous - what did you catch?

P

Paul Williams

OK then......i had a 4lb roach, 50lb pike, 25lb barbel, and a 9lb chub, all from one swim!!!.....and on the way home i clipped a rabbit and two pheasants!! and tonight i'm gonna win 15million on the lottery, or do you think thats going a little over board!!

C

Carp Angler

Lies lies lies Williams.......
that lottery money is mine.............

M

Malcolm Bason

Yeah, but did you pluck the pheasants before you ate them?

P

Paul Williams

yes, i am a pheasant plucker, but i'll be a lot pheasanter when i get my hands on that 15m, and Rik, we will go out and buy our dream lake, with a river nearby!!!!

M

Malcolm Bason

Well, when you n Rik buy the waters I hope you don't charge me too much for a ticket? LOL

M

Malcolm Bason

Totally unrelated - but I'm in a stupid mood, so...... why is 'Sedge' called sedge?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
'Cos he's tall and straight like a stem of Sedge - not.

He comes from Sedgley in the West Midlands.

S

Stewart Bloor

The word Sedge is actually an old English word that means 'handsome, debonair and cool'. Hence the nickname 'Sedge'. It also, interestingly enough, is a French word 'Le Sedge' that means 'He who catches great fish'.
So the Anglo-French combination just sums me up perfectly, which is why I got called the name in the first place.
Sedge

P

Paul Williams

And "Sludge" is an ancient Gornal name for someone who consistantly falls in streames, riveres, pooles, and imerges fulleth of Bulleth shitethe!!!

M

Malcolm Bason

You chaps have cheered me up no end - thanks! Hey Sedge - from what the others have told me on the quiet - the French meaning cannot apply! More like 'le blank'

S

Stewart Bloor

Come on you lot, ain't you got nothing better to do on a Saturday night?

M

Malcolm Bason

Actually Paul - when I did my knee in the word sludge could be applied to me as I nearly left a deposit or sediment behind when I slipped!

P

Paul Williams

Malcolm, you are just a young pretender!!!! Sedge is the "real" Sludge, and he's fearless with it!!!.....(mind you his minder's a bit special)but we will still invite you to our "lottery lake" if only for starting this thread.....

C

Carp Angler

Don't you just hate it when you are shouting "FINLAND" at the telly and the stupid sod can't hear you????????

P

Paul Williams

Iceland, Iceland!!!!! i don't know what i'm gonna do with all this dosh!!!!

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
I thought I could pop in to this thread for a bit intelligent conversation.

Bugger......

Anyway, fishing tomorrow. Back on the Bristol Avon I think. Temperatures going down again so not much point in chasing the whiskered ones. Though I will probably stick a lump of meat out in my favourite swim for an hour around dusk, just in case....

C

Carp Angler

That's it Coops, lower the tone of the thread.
Mind you, thats 2 sheep shaggers against 2 English, me and Malc will stick together against you and Williams"the sad stallion".........