where to carp fish in wiltshire

Baz Green

Reaction score
Whereabouts in Wiltshire do you live and how far are you willing to travel?
More info required if you want help.

Baz

C

Cakey

I've fished a place called Lower Foxhangers Farm.
Carp go close to 30 but you have to get through the crucians first if surface fishing.
its at a place called Rowde near Devizes.
It used to be day ticket but might of changed.

nige plant

Reaction score
why not try cuckoos rest near trowbridge ?3.50 day ticket, 2 lakes carp to 30 , crucian to 3 , perch, roach ., tench to 8

K

Karl Miles

Just come back from two weeks at Lower Foxhangers! Had some fun with the carp and bream! There is allegedly one carp of 20+ pounds, but where that is on the canal nobody knows. It's ?9 for a fortnight from Devizes AA, and you can fish from 6am till 9pm at night with one rod only. Is fun though! They've got a site too www.foxhangers.co.uk (or Telephone 01380 828795) Tell them I sent you ;)

J

Jon Carrington

Depending on where you are in Whiltshire you Also have Whelford Pools nr Fairford just over the border of Gloucestershire and Milestone, Of course the other is Horseshoe in Leachlade.

I

ian jay

Cakey

Wiltshire?
Its where the men are men and the sheep are nervous! ;-)

I used to live there, nice place if you are retired ...

Ian

S

stuart palfrey

James,longleat lakes are top banana,you have also got shearwater lake on site all good for carp.Let me know if you have any good pike waters in wiltshire,regards Stu..

steve smith

Reaction score
As other people have already said it depend where in Wiltshire You live and how far you are prepared to travel.

"Thee Carp Lake" in Wiltshire is Horseshoe which as of this year is open to any Carp Society Member on a limited first come first served basic
http://www.webteknix.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/horseshoe/

If you are prepared to travel over the Glos/Wilt boarder as well as welford lakes South Cerney Angling Club have 5 realy good Lake in the Cotswold Water Park, all of which hold good heads of Carp.

http://scac.org.uk/

Also in the Cotswold Water Park You Have Daiwa Lake. For information on this or any other lake I have Mentioned contact the Carp Society.

http://www.thecarpsociety.com/

johnstevenson73

Reaction score
I have just returned myself from a weeks fishing in Wiltshire. My advice would be to choose another venue unless you have plenty of money available. I had a week at the Hunters Moon fishery which was very disappointing. I am more of a fly fishing person but I do all modalities including sea fishing. I found the fly venues to be far too expensive and and had quotes as dear as pounds 45-70 pounds which is just silly money. I dare say the course fishing is cheaper but it will probably be inflated.
Having said all this may I recommend Bradford on Avon which is 14 miles from Warminster. The town stretch is actually free. Access is difficult but well worth the effort. Climb over the fence at the back of the library. Alternatively go further up the Road and access from there. These days I need a rope to get down there. I often travel from home to fish this venue and I have never been disappointed. Species include Perch Bream Pike Roach chubb and even Barbel.
Tight lines John

terry m

Reaction score
Cotswold water park, South Cerney. Technically south Gloucester, but only a few miles north of Swindon.

Steeple Langford Lakes on A36 used to be day tickets, I am sure there are some muddy bowls if you want to go pasty bashing.

nocatch

Reaction score
i sugest 'Google Earth'....a lake very close to Lyneham/Wooton Basset...

i fished it YEARS ago....

cannot rem. name :(

unless all has changed,

not expensive, very pretty and carp up to 30+ and that was 30 yrs ago...

might be called Tockenham ???

tight lines ,

Mike