Winter diffusion

Tim Birch

Reaction score
In respect to feeder fishing again (sorry) I have been toying with the idea of bait additives which may diffuse the 'smell' of groundbait faster and/or further through cold water.
Would some kind of 'fish safe aclcaholic additive maybe do this?
(I've probably let this thread in for some drunken fish mirth in saying this)
Anyone have any ideas in this regard?

J

John Pleasance

Tim, it could be that the addition of an ethyl alcohol based flavour to your g'bait would be an advantage,but more than that I don't know,I'm guessing really.

I used "Ace worm extract" as an additive for a long time in g'bait,it always gave me more confidence.

D

Dave Silvers

Would the alka-selzer also help the fish with their hangover.
:eek:)

D

Dave Silvers

I know this is the wrong topic area, but I've heard of this alka-selzer thing being used with deadbaits when fishing for pike.

M

Mike Cox

Hi guys, Even better would be Andrews Acids as this comes in a powdered for and wouldn't require crushing - just an idea, would have to speak to some kind of fish expert to find out if any harm would be caused.

T

Tony Wainwright (Twainy)

I doubt that the Andrews would work as the powder will start to fizz as soon as it gets a bit wet. with the alka seltzer its in small lumps which dont really react until its in the water.
I reckon The alcohol idea might have some mileage because if you leave pulses to ferment its supposed to increase the effectiveness.