Gambia Mangrove/Creek fishing

M

Mike Brown

Dear Any person that has a clue,

I am going mangrove/creek fishing whilst on holiday in the Gambia from a boat does anyone have a clue? I want to take my own equipment. HOW DO YOU FISH THIS WATER? Is it possible to use lures. I am also going barracuda fishing from the beach. HELP!!!

Do not want to be shown up!

Mike Brown

D

Dave Godwin

Hi Mike i have been to gambia twice this year and will be back again in feb 2003
most of the mangrove creek trips are in the big boats with loads of people catching lots of little fish.
book a proper trip and you can troll for barracuda and jacks as well as bottom fish for varios worthwhile species.
for beachfishing a bass rod is all you need, plus some wire trace material (pack this in suitcase as it is not allowed in hand luggage)light weights about 3-4 ozs with wires,hooks strong about 3/0-4/0 size, plenty of elastic cotton, use local prawns for bait ( very cheap)you can fish from the reef at fajara at low tide use suface lures (poppers are best) with a spinning outfit for barracuda and jacks
log on to my website (davegodwin.co.uk) and then the gambia page for more info, my phone number and email address are also there if you need more info

All the best

Dave

D

Dave Godwin

wear long sleeve shirts, hats, and long trousers when beach/boat fishing as the sun is very strong

Dave