Advise on fishing trolleys

K

Kevin Cox

One of my local rivers has had its styles replaced by gates, which is a godsend for me cos it allows me to use a trolley instead of humping all my tackle, which restricts me cos i suffer with a dodgy back.
What i need is a trolley thats more suited to carrying rucksacks as appossed to seatboxes, which also must fold flat.
I see Badger do some cheap ones,any other suggestions?

M

Mark Williams

I once tested every known angling trolley for the defunct Practical Coarse Fishing, and discovered something; those with wheels directly under the load work much, much better. That's probably why carpers prefer barrows. I've got a folding trolley modelled on the sack trolley, and it's crap. Your arms take most of the weight of the tackle aboard and that, after a mile, is a real pain. Come on tackle manufacturers - make a lightweight trolley which has wheels right under the main load, and a handle to which the rod bag can be strapped securely. Hell, I'll help you design it for nothing if you give me a free one....

Terry Dawson

Reaction score
try the penrose delux, it folds flat, you can even use it as a platform if u wish, the front wheel also is removable, i use one of these and there great only prob is there ?120, not cheap