Polaroids

T

Tom Sexton

I was wondering whether it is possible to wear polarising sunglasses over normal glasses. I'm sure that I saw Matt Hayes with his wraparound glasses being worn over normal glasses in one of his progs on Sky. Thanx.

D

Dave Rothery

Most half decent sunglasses polarise anyway. Certainly the Oakleys Mr Hayes prefers

C

Carp Angler

I've previously tried clip ons and wrap overs and experienced problems with them scratching my normal specs.

I've gone for prescription specific polaroids now.

G

Glen Howell

I used to have a pair of optix clip-ons. they were OK but 2 years ago I bought a pair of Optilabs prescription fishing glasses. These are truly the best bit of tackle I have bought in years!! They cut out all of the surface glare and I swear I can see much deeper under the surface. For summer stalking they can't be beaten. Check them out at www.optilabs.com

C

Carp Angler

What frame style and lens type did you go for Glen?

G

Glen Howell

I bought the "blackbird" ones with the brown lenses. They may not be as stylish as a pair of designer shades, but they are execellent for fishing.

C

Carp Angler

It was the lens choice that I was concerned about.
Knowing which type to buy, given that each one is better for different conditions and hoping to buy the best compromise.

thanks

G

Glen Howell

Well I have been quite happy with mine. i know they say the yellow ones are better for early/late, but I haven't had any problems with mine, even stalking up till 9:30 ish in the evening I still wear them.

T

The Monk

I use optix, had them for years, when I have my optix on and my Australia
Drovers hat I look really cool as if I know what I'm doing!

C

Carp Angler

excellent, I'll get some.
I'll only need them for a while as I'm going to get the laser treatment done later this year.

D

Dave Rothery

my wifes boss had laser treatment and totally recommends it

C

Carp Angler

Yeah, I've spoken to quite a few people who have had it done, thought I would before I took the plunge myself.

It isn't purely for vanity, 12 hour shifts spent staring at a comp screen makes your eyes tired and the glasses don't help.

M

michael rouse

apparently the best polaroids come from american fly fishing manufactures.orvis have some nice polaroids but check out www.fmtc.co.uk.theyve got bolle and all the other good brands.

B

Budgie Burgess

Polaroids!Polaroids! Only one man to ask on this subject eh!Cue Mr Bettell!!!

D

Dave Rothery

now now budgie, keep your agressive predator posts off our nice friendly carp forum LOL!