Ron Clay – The Real Truth!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
RING-RING, RING-RING, went the mobile this afternoon – “Hello, is this Stuart”
“Yes I replied, who’s speaking?”
“Hello Stuart, this is Ron Clay, hope you’re well?”
Er…Yes, I’m fine and what about you?
“Yes tip-top, I just called to let you know that my cheque will be down to you shortly and that I’m really looking forward to Selby”

My Old archenemy, Mr. Carp hater himself was calling and when the voice hit me to be a polite, respectful and extremely well spoken gentlemen I just knew, that his ranting’s about carp and the rest of the English speaking nation were just a rouge and in fact there may be two people in one person! On questioning, he admitted that his typing fingers and the real Ron were in fact extremely dissimilar, he carried on to state that perhaps he was in fact ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ !
“Makes no odds to me Ron, I’ll just have to push you both in at Selby!!!”
(Perhaps he’s a nice guy after all) or…………..

M

Malcolm Bason

Actually, the thought of seeing what Ron is really like almost makes me want to come to Selby!! LOL

A

andrew jackson

I am also looking forward to meeting Ron. I cant work out if he is on a wind up most of the time, or if he truly belives in the things he writes about carp and the carp angler. Either way I have grown to respect him because he has: 1,A great sence of humor. 2,Strong views and is not scared of airing them. 3,Both.
Whatever I am sure he is a great bloke and a great character.

S

Stuart Bullard

Stu - the scam is that he will fish for roach and bream......

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Hook, line and sinker Dennis, dear o dear.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

The only ring you had yesterday Stu was the expansion of the one on your back side when you politley informed me you were going for a dump!