Cheerio

R

Ron Clay

After close on 2 years of contributing to FM, I now have to say goodbye, for a while at least.

Circumstances at work have now made it difficult for me to participate in the forum and other parts of the site.

I have enjoyed my time on FM. I have met some really great people. If I have ruffled a few feathers and maybe said a few things a shouldn't, I apologise to all.

Finally, I hope FM goes from strength to strength. It has a truly great angler at it's helm.

Cheers

Ron

S

Sean Meeghan

Sorry to hear it Ron. I for one have enjoyed reading your contributions. The site will be the poorer for you leaving. Don't apologise for ruffling feathers most of them needed ruffling anyway!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'm sorry to see you go as well Ron. Those who know the real man behind the 'poison pen' (at times) would realise that there was never any real malice intended and you more than made up for it with many pearls of wisdom.

Come back as soon as you can.

R

Richard Drayson

Sorry to see you go Ron. I'm sure you'll be welcomed back with open arms when you return.
Hope you have a good Xmas and New Year.

F

Fred Bonney

Good luck Ron,try and pop back from time to time,we'll miss you :0)

S

Stuart Bullard

Ron, I can honestly say that apart from about 200 postings, you have not ruffled any feathers at all!!

You have had the courage to voice your views, but its always done in a constructive way.

Whats happened? Not allowed to use the PC anymore??

Good luck. C U at Ironbridge on the 4th Jan????

D

Dave O'L

Cheers Ron!

I thought that before you go we could have the ceremony of the passing of 'Ye Stirring Spoon'.
Who would you bequeath it to O Honourable Ron? :)

Take care & I hope Santa gives you what you want?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
We’ve had our ups and downs Ron along the way, but I speak for many when I say you will be sincerely missed. I wish you well and seriously look forward to meeting you at Selby. You have my number and good health and good luck until we see you again! (shortly I hope)

J

Jim Hinchley

Tight lines ron, no doubt your picture will be adorning the weeklies with that big trent barbel your owed soon.
Hope your abscence isnt too long.

jim

J

john conway

Sad to see you go Ron, hope it won’t be for too long. It was also nice to meet the real you on a couple of the FM fishins. I’ll think about you when I’m bagging up on those river Idle roach this winter.

B

Bob Watson

All the best Ron and hurry back. I was fortunate enough to meet the real Ron and hope to do so again in the future.
Keep the ink well full.

K

Kevan Farmer

This is sad news Ron. I hope you will still be doing your Angling Star contribution???

All the best and tight lines.

Kevan

D

Dave Johnson

cheers Ron, maybe see you on the 4th at Ironbridge.-or I'll catch up with you at Collingham again.

you been banned at work then?

J

John McLaren

Not a lot more to be said Ron, best wishes, you'll be missed so come back soon.

D

Dave Silvers

Ron am being a cynical S.O.B here or do I sense a wind up.

However, having read your original post again I somehow think you're genuine and really are saying goodbye. :eek:(