Oxford Linear

Carp Stalker

Reaction score
Anyone fish this venue? I haven't fished it this winter so I will be going this weekend? Which lake would you recommend - St Johns or The Manor? Thanks guys!!

D

Dave Rothery

Manors a bit harder, but has bigger average fish, st johns catching up though.
st john was known as an action water, but isn't easy anymore, but if you "had" to get a run, try there

Carp Stalker

Reaction score
Hi Dave. I have fished Oxford but I haven't fished it during the colder months and it is suppose to be quite cold this weekend. I think I will try the Manor and see how I get on. I hope there is a swim available as you probably know how full up it can get at times. I'm hoping the colder weather will put some people off. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks

S

shaun rexworthy

ive been fishing linear for about 8 years now, and have learnt alot about it. I tend to fish hardwick/smiths and a syndicate water near hunts corner. If you are planning on fishing st johns, set ur alarm clock eairly, cos u won't get a swi other wise....lol.

>shaun<

S

shaun rexworthy

ive been fishing linear for about 8 years now, and have learnt alot about it. I tend to fish hardwick/smiths and a syndicate water near hunts corner. If you are planning on fishing st johns, set ur alarm clock eairly, cos u won't get a swim other wise....lol.

>shaun<

D

Dave Rothery

The last time i went to linear, st johns was absolutely crammed, and there was 3 of us on manor. all of us caught, and according to roy, EVERYONE blanked on st johns. why do people fish lakes when its jam packed, and hunts/manor/the other 2 over the road were nearly empty (and it wasn't a fish in)?