How to get what you want for xmas

M

Michael Waters

Once agian its that time of year when your better half buy's you pressies. Now with the best will in the world non fishing partners just do not know what you need, or more specificly 'exactly the right one'.

This dilema has been overcome this year by some very cunning planning, and I have managed to get exactly what I wanted, made the better half belive she has got the bargin of the year and brought a new rod without having to explain why I needed another one. Oh the joy's of christmas.

Here is how it all works.

I spent the 2 months running up to the day dropping large hints about a new centre pin that I wanted,this got the seed sown. Last week I casually announced that during a bait buying trip at the tackle shop I had seen a beautiful boxed version and it was a shame that I had spent all my money on christmas gifts for others, ahhhh. The reply was you will have to see what santa brings. The only thing to say to this is HOOK LINE and SINKER.

Now onto the clever bit.

On friday last week the better half announced she was going shopping with her mum saturday for my pressie and I had better go fishing to keep out of way. No problem there. So Friday afternoon nipped to tackle shop to get bait etc. Also took along a photo of partner, explained that she would be in on saturday to purchase my present. Explained in detail which one I wanted. I also wanted a new 'Barbel Rod' so I brought the one I have been after for the last year, and set up with the dealer that if someone brought one of 'these' reels they got a free rod, then left the rod with him ready for saturday. She has seen these offers in the press often enough to make her belive they are normal.

Just spoken to the shop, mission accomplished, so come christmas day I will get my new 1.75lb 12ft Barble rod and gleaming new pin. So all I have to do is work out how to get out of the washing up and go test it.

Anyone got any ideas

R

Robert Draper

That's fine, except...

I am a master of disguises and I now have your Barbel rod ;-)

R

Rodney Wrestt

Or the guy in the tackle shop lied, and now he has a new 1.75lb 12ft Barble rod :eek:)

P

Phil Heaton

Or told her of your lies and deciept and split the cash........but seriously, hoped it worked

M

Michael Waters

Oh it worked ok, I know the guys in the shop, I am a good customer so they played along.

And a quick quiz of sister in law (after several bacardi brezzers) got the reply that T had hidden a big stick and a box in there house till christmas.

Role on the 25th

B

Barry Kneller

Ace!

Do you think that it might work with a new car? (plus a new Ducati thrown in for free , of course)

J

John Pleasance

Well it obviously worked for you, but it seems like a lot of effort Michael.

I just go and buy what I want,but then I'm a boring old f**t.