You Caught WHAT??????

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Ok we have all heard the tales of catching supermarket trollies and the old boot, but what are the weirdest things you have ever caught or heard of being caught?????

I once found a safe in my swim that was from a local Building Society "job" at Sale Marina in Manchester...didnt report it for two days as I didnt want to move all my gear as I was there for a 3 day session.........

T

Tony Wainwright (Twainy)

Hi Kiwi and Happy Xmas to you and yours.
Anything with gills, fins and a tail is a pretty weird result for me!

T

The Monk

Safes are pretty common in Sale Marina Kiwi, you'll usually find at leat 3 per swim, shame the carp aint as prolific.

Once hooked a Grey Seal in the Ribble, gave me the run of my life then it had the cheek to pop up on the far bank and start clapping at me?

T

The Monkey

A mate of mine hooked a stiff in the severn last year,it was a local woman thought it was a bloody tree scary.

P

Phil Hatton

Kiwi,Monk,next time you're mad enough to do three nights at Sale,give us a ring and I'll bring you a beer and a Chinese.

T

Terry Comerford

I was carp fishing, caught a wallet,it was a leather,45 pounds, put up a sterling fight.
Got it to the bank, hook pulled,lost interest after that.
I'll try a change bait next time.
And hope that dosn't come loose.

T

The Monk

yea Phil, crazy place Sale, usually try to avoid the place these days.

Terry, what are you on mate ha ha

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Last time I went was a few years ago now, probably 89/90 I was fishing on merser side near islands was about 2am when I heard a car pull up and a few lads get out anyway five mins later they are at my bivvy askin if they can have a cast of me gear I'm tryin to keep calm with things like just cast out fresh baits etc etc, one of the lads goes for a rod when my alsation decides enough is enough and comes outa bivvy yawnin and stretchin, she was gettin on at the time and used to kip under my bedchair anyway lads said "aw well doesnt matter mate and left" scariest moment Ive ever had on the bank, glad I had dog but vowed never to go back so never did.

D

Dave Rothery

terry - got caught up in basils bush once - didn't half make his eyes water. was fishing near an eskimo - he was trying a bivvy instaed of his normal ugloe. told him to try an 8inch hooklength, but his ruler was only in cm's - it was a single scale, so i told him to chuck it in the dustbin along with the arfur big orange he'd just eaten.

E

EC

I caught a magnet once, and my old mate caught a mothers pride bag complete with bootlace eel swimming inside it!

T

The Monk

Kiwi

Had an article pubhished in Big Carp magazine a few years ago on Sale, I'll email you a copy mate.

D

Dave Johnson

I had a 26lb 5oz salmon fromthe Severn at Shrewsbury on a doublecaster. bloody great fight, just abnout to net it after an hour plusand the hookpulled.One hell of a fish.!!!!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
A coypu. Climbed a tree on the way in. Had a hell of a job to get it back down again.

And I'm not joking!

T

Terry Comerford

Eddie was it an electron magnet as it had a current running through it?

Monk,could you send me a copy?
I am always interested in reading humourous angling articles.

Phil,no, but from the face it picture he uses,I would think he knows all about Relativity.

Dave, go on then Ill help you out,
How did you know it weighed 26lb 5oz?
Because.........................

T

The Monk

Sure Terry, on its way mate, glad you liked it Kiwi, most of it was actually true, epecially the bit about the Nesbits!

No offence Rodney, I call all the scottish Nesbits after my hero Rabbie!

S

Steve King

I caught a selection of plastic bags in a match on the Regent's Canal - the best specimen being a Police Evidence bag!