Worming weight

J

Jeremy Airey

Hello
Does anybody know where I can get information on the Irish worming weight known as the 'machine'?
The one incorporating the plastic tube.
I know roughly what it is and how it works but need a picture, tried the 'WWW' but couldn't find it - can anyone help me out with a URL?
Can anybody scan and send me a pic. please.?
I want to incorporate it into a trolling rig but need a pic. before I can modify it properly.
Thanks very much in advance
regards
Jeremy Airey

R

Ross Turner

All it is, is a plastic tube with a lead weight at the bottom & an eye at the top which you thread your line through.It works like this the tube is full of air so it surpports the line of the bootom & the weight is just heavy enough to hold bottom so you can bounce it through a swim

D

Dave O'L

My mate was making his own, as I think everyone was doing in W.Cork. Never saw one in the tackle shop?.

He just cut lengths of tube, jammed in lead that he had cut from a sheet.
Glued in swivel at top, & sealed the bottom. He makes up a number of different assorted sizes to suit the water as it changes, sometimes in minutes.

The rocky pools we fished - a real tackle graveyard! The locals swear that these don't get caught up as much. I feel I have to agree.
Further tip I was given - attatch to line by using a paper clip. this then gives if caught up. Works like a charm and beats having to keep tying weak links when you can see a big fin & white lips at the head of the pool.

D

Dave O'L

Oh if you can look carefully at the photo, the brownie my little girl caught was on one of those homemade jobbies.