digital photography

N

Nick King

the recent anglers mail feature on digital photography mentioned the adobe photoshop 7.0 software normally costing ?580 to buy i purchased one for ?300 from a computer fair along with with a digi minolta dimage 5 camera.the announcement by my missus after being ill for several weeks and a visit to the quack,of her being quite a few months pregnant!!! meant i had to sell my camera<unused> but i still have the adobe software unused and still in the selophane...if anyone wants it e-mail/reply with an offer and we can sort something out.....the money raised will go towards new baby gear and a new john wilson avon quiver<i snapped the quiver tip section last sunday>.

B

Bob Watson

Don't mean to depress you Nick but I downloaded photoshop 7 with product code off winmx for nothing more than the price of my connection, second hand software just doesn't sell. Try the AD pages in your local papers.

B

Bob Watson

Haway guys, just trying to be helpful, didn't want to see the lad waste his time.
Hope you get lucky Nick and congratulations on your impending arrival.

BTW photoshop 7 is a bit of a bas**rd to use anyway, I think you need a degree in something or other, or am I just thick??

C

Chris Bishop

I got it for the wife with a new digi camera for Xmas. She picked it up in a couple of evenings and she's a real whizz with it now.

I can remember when the first digi cameras started appearing on newspapers five or six years back. The quality you can now get with a basic digi compact and home PC software already surpasses what the first "professional" outfits could produce in my view.

B

Bob Watson

To be honest Chris, I do all my stuff with Adobe photo deluxe 4.0 The software I got with my digicam. It does everything I need.
Never really took the time to learn my way round photoshop 7. I know it has loads more features (well it would have to for ?500) and will probably get round to it soon.

D

Dave Rothery

My local college do a photoshop evening class. its a 12 month course! i use photoshop elements now (used to use 6) which is the "giveaway" stuff, and its still got more than i ever use on it

R

Richard Drayson

A 12 month course just to learn all about Photoshop Dave!!!
By the time you've finished the course it'll all be out of date.
Personally I use Paint Shop Pro 7 which came free on a cover disc, lots of features and fairly easy to understand too.

T

The Monk

Photoshop is the industry standard, adobe is pretty good, check out In Design!

I did GNVQs in Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator, I wasnt paying for it and it was great fun, loads of crumpet on the course, GNVQ (going nowhere very quickly), cant remember much about the course only that one of the students had great t*ts and another had a lovely arse!

B

Bob Watson

Did you get pics of them then Monk? Hope you didn't finish the course with nothing to show for it!

T

The Monk

Sadly I didnt Bob, the one with the great T*ts was a Polish bird, and suprisingly and unusually got the impression that I was pervert, when we went out to the pub one evening after college (strange sense of humour the Poles?)the one with the great arse I manged a date with, but the girlfriend wouldnt let me out that night (isnt life a bitch?)

A

Andrew Thomas

While we are on the subject could anyone recommend me a book to guide me through Photoshop ie a complete beginners guide ?

I've got Photoshop 5.0 LE bundled with my camera.

A

Alan (brush) Broomhead

Andrew...
Use a search engine (Google is good) ...

I just tried it with the keywords 'photoshop tutorials' and it came up with 361,000 entries in 0.11 seconds.
Should keep you busy for a few hours.....lol

A

Andrew Thomas

Thanks for that....I'll take it that your answer is no.

T

The Monk

There are a number of good books in PC World, but they are expensive, Alans advice is sound, in fact the course I was on at college, the teacher was using downloaded tutorials from the Adobe site.