dane anglers, do they own the canal?

chris hall

Reaction score
yesterday i took my dad out fishing on a local stretch of the leeds liverpool canal.my dad is 75 and has suffered a stroke and a heart attack recently.
the part of the canal is at withnell fold on the outskirts of chorley and is easily accessed to people with mobility problems like my dad.
both myself and friends have fished this part of the canal on numerous occasions without problems until yesterday.my dad dosnt get to go out fishing very often because there isnt much for him to fish on in the fleetwood area so my brother and nephew brought him .
whilst minding our own buisness a bloke started spouting off at us saying that this part off the canal is privately owned by DANE ANGLERS from bolton,and that we should get off the canal imediately telling us that we were trespassers and were parking ilegally!this ****head was spouting some very inconsistant bullshit at us and getting quite abusive.
I told my dad and brother to ignore him and carry on fishing.a few hours later he come back splerting more shit at us and another angler who also ignored him.he said that he has been in touch with the"owner" of this stretch of the canal and that he was getting the police to have us arrested.
I rang the lockkeeper and linesman for that stretch of the canal and he said to ignore him as no one has private fishing rights and they cant stop anyone from fishing anywhere,which is what i thought all along.
anyway this ****er spoilt our day out,and wound us up to the extent that we couldnt be arsed to carry on anymore.a man who lives on a barge opposite where we were fishing has had run ins with him also trying to tell him he cant fish off his own boat and he lives there!
does any one know who this club are and who this obnoxious wet fart is who ruined our day he lives in chorley apparently.

J

john berry

Sorry Chris - it was me! I put my best ****er disguise on and did it just to wind you up! lol ;-)

A

Andy Nellist

If you want to find out who has the fishing rights then get in contact with British Waterways.