Good Example

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Cracking example of how the website and the forum can help.

Well done all, especially Paul for putting it together and Stu for popping his piking cherry.

P

Paul Williams

He called me Brummie!!!!.......thats the thanks you get! :)

S

stu black

Cheers Monk, though I'm not sure about writing. Thats the most I've done since school! Made me realise exactly how much effort all the regular contributors must put in...it's not easy!

P

Paul Williams

I'll always be bloody "Brummie" with the lot on FM Stu! :)

S

stu black

Do like i did and move South for about 16 years and learn to talk proper ;o)

D

Dave Silvers

Very good article Stu, it looks as though a star has been born, but oh that hat.
:eek:))))

D

Dave Silvers

Brummie - It could be worse, I havn't been called Bilko since I left school about ?? years ago and thats twice this week from 'friends' at FM. lol

S

Simon Scott

Interesting stuff.... Now I'm about to do a serious bit of bandwagon jumping with a double request; 1) we have a nearly-8-year-old who is quite keen and wants to catch a pike more than anything, and 2) a 40-year old (moi) who has never managed to hook, let alone land a decent sized pike (I've probably caught half the jacks in the country, but never a biggie).
We live in Leicester, though don't know the local waters well, but can travel a bit if needed. Can anyone help us out?

G

Gerry Castles

The weather might be more than just a minor problem at the moment Simon, but you'd be more than welcome to a day piking (lures or bait)from my boat on the Thames. Bit of a drive but if you have a good excuse to come to London for a day you would be more than welcome. It's straight down the M1 and then around the M25, very uncomplicated and if your 8 year old gets bored, then Thorpe Water Park is just across the road !

S

Stuart Johnson

Nice article stu.

Stop winging 'brummie' it could have been a lot worse.

'Bilko' there I've said it again. Everybody gets a nickname.

Skive

C

Chris Bishop

"...I've probably caught half the jacks in the country..."

Good to see someone's following in my footsteps.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Nice one Stu, sounds like you had yourself an excellent day! Although I hate to say it, you'll get all the help you need from brummie and Stu mate, they are old hat at all this!

D

Dave Silvers

Stuart Dennis - wot you doing on a Pred Thread, Chris Bishop will be popping up in the Carp Forum next. lol

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
sorry Dave, couldn't resist, always good to find out how the other half lives etc etc...

C

Chris Bishop

You never know Dave. I might have decided to become a carper for my New Year's resolution.

How do you get a boilie on a treble again..?

T

The Monk

Chris, If you use a baiting needle, pushing it through the bolie with the braid attached, you can then tie the treble onto the braid and pull back into the bolie.