Rod Licence By Direct Debit

E

Eric Hayes

I got my application this morning in the post. I think it`s a good idea so I`ll complete the application and it should be in the post by tea time. I will do Anything to make life easyer.

What do the rest of you think, and will you be doing it.

J

Jim Hinchley

Perhaps you could pay your daytickets by direct debit as well ( teeeheeee ).
Good idea but i like to take my cash to the post office and get my licence - call me old fashioned if you like.
It doesnt matter how you get one just make sure you do.

Chris Hammond

Reaction score
Eric,

It sounds like a good idea to me too. However virtually everyone I know, that used the facility last year, seems to have encountered problems.
Not receiving their licences and no records found when licences e.t.c.

Perhaps they'll have ironed out some of these details for this year.

Regards Chris.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I signed up last year too but Royal Mail made a balls of it, the fault wasn't with the EA. It should be okay this year.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
More here from the archives:

<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=1&UAN=1761>Rod Licenses by Direct Debit</a>

E

Eric Hayes

Jim I`ll just keep waving an old one at them from the most unaccusable peg i can find.

Chris I think if they have been playing at it for 12 months now they should have got it sorted, so I`ll give it a go.

S

steve flook

bitof a rip off i thought. normally a quid cheaper for DD . not that im a skinflint or anything

S

Stuart Bullard

So, dragged into the 1980's at last, which is how long I have already used DD's.

One point I noticed, there wasn't any notification of how much it was. OK, so I knew before hand, but surely you wouldn't sign a DD without having an idea of the costs would you?

I have looked thru and thru and not seen the cost.......or am I blind?

G

Gerry Castles

All sorts of administrative problems last year with the EA. This year did not get off to a good start either. I just tried to pay my Thames boat licence fee. Filled out the form, signed it, sent it of with the required fee. Five days later it was returned accompanied by a typed letter on the uusual official notepaper informing me that as I'd sent a copy of the signed form and not the original, it could not be accepted. Nothing wrong with the cheque, just a big chunk of red tape that must have cost the EA (sorry I mean us ! ) more than the licence fee in extra admin costs.

J

John McLaren

Stuart, the charge is definitely in the bumph they sent me: ?22 for coarse & brown trout.

Steve, that was my thought at first, but then I remembered they charged extra last year for paying on the 'net, so I'll save a bit this year - except its gone up again!

Still think its a good idea though - saves remembering and queuing up in the post office which can be a pain when you wanted an early start on April 1!!!

J

John Pleasance

Definitely blind Stuart,it's on the same page as your address,at the bottom of the page.

C

Chris Bishop

The direct debit thing was a total farce last year. Buy it from your local post office and support local shops I say.

E

Eric Hayes

Stuart on the DD form I got it clearly stated ?22 for the course and brown trout licence. It also states that they will inform me in February next year if the price has gone up and there is a phone number for enquires & or cancelation.

S

Stuart Bullard

Been 7 days skiing and I can see, I can see! How did I miss it......

F

Fred Bonney

In this mornings post, my new seasons licence renewed automaticly....the system of Direct Debit does work.

T

Tim Richardson

1 Go to Post Office
2 Swap cash for licences
3 Go home happy in the thought that you wont have to sort out the mess caused by some government sponsored moron pressing the wrong button,losing the application or sending out one license instead of two.

easy

Monthly payments by D/D yes, but something that is payed for once a year....do me a favour.

F

Fred Bonney

All I can say Tim,after that rant,is,if you forget,don't come to us for sympathy.
By the way 1st April is renewal date!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'm all for direct debits but I have to say that this rod licence effort has gone sadly wrong for me.

I applied for two licences and got sent, and charged for, three!

One 1st class stamp and two premium rate phone calls later and I'm still waiting for them to refund my fee for the unwanted licence, which I have returned to them.

D

Dave Johnson

you took my advice then Graham?

I would suggest everyone who applied last year and this year check their bank statememts......although I received a letter this year inbviting me to start a DD , LAST YEARS FAILED ATTEMPT/MIX UP BY THE POST OFFICE AND EA was still live and I now have 2 liciences. I complained and got my refund cheque back last week.

I even thought about charging them an 'admin' charge......