The Old Man & Jimmy

J

john conway

Nice article Henry, brought a tear to my eyes, but what a nice way to go?

S

Steve King

Excellent read and it brought tears to my eyes too!

C

Colyn Nelson

help can any one recommend a good vidio on still water feeder fishing. my fishing partner is partialy sighted , and we need a vid to help him to grasp the finer points of feeder/ledger fishing. he cant see to read a book print too small so any help greatfully received. tight lines

Henry Hall

Reaction score
Hi All,

Many thanks for your kind comments I'mm glad you enjoyed the story.

Colyn,
You'd be better off posting on the general or coarse forum, your message is unlikely to get read here.

H.H

J

john conway

Just read this article again, and it still brought a tear to my eyes.

R

Richard Drayson

John, you old softie you!
Must admit that this actually one of the best stories I've ever read on this site though.
Thanks again Henry.

F

Fred Bonney

Thanks for bringing this back from the early days, a terrific read especially at this time of year when we seem to remember old friends and family more.

Was Henry ever outed?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

If not it's about time he was acknowledged.

R

Richard Drayson

Just re-read this story again after 5 years. Lovely story and another reason for FM to stay online and not disappear into the ether.

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

Just in case the site dose go belly up I've copied Henry's story which I read once again before copying it and it's still brings a lump in the throat.

Henry, if you are still about, I'd like your permission to publish your story re "Jimmy & the Old Man"in the Chub Study Group mag "Chevin"? circ about 100? Although its not about Chub I'm sure the old ladswould love to read it.

I've also been looking back at all the articles especially those about Chub fishing and I really can't think of any other site that's comes within a 100 miles of the quality and scope of FM's articles.

God Bless the old guys who are no longer with us and a Happy New Year to everyone else.

F

Fred Bonney

Beat me too it John,I was thinking this time next year for BF.

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
You'll probably both change your minds when you realise who the author of Henry's work is John and Fred, but you're welcome to print my littlestory wherever you like. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

I'm gladJohngot in first then, Chris/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

Thanks/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

Thanks for that Chris, I'm sure the lads will enjoy it.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Lovely story and a nice way to go.

I was thinking along the same lines John. Your just an old softie really, you'll be sharing a bed with old Gambo next.

I still have the 3' wooden folding rule my old dad gave to me on my 16th, may be I'll be measuring my PB chub with it when I go.

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

"you'll be sharing a bed with old Gambo next."

No John that really is pushing it even for an old caver like me. Anyhow DG's gone into hibernation until it warms up a bit.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

No, He called me 1-30 am Christmas morning to tell me about Steve P's 7-04

Dave will be foundstatue-like clutching his old glass fibre rod somewhere on the banks of the Welland one day.

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
Imust admit the standard of my own writing has me cringing now in hindsight. /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

Quite a few people seem to have enjoyed the tale though, which is very gratifying. One thing that puzzles me is thedegree towhich readers appear to have found it a sad story. I didn't particularly plan it to read that way, but anyone commenting on it inevitably seems to receive it that way.