New Gear

J

John McLaren

I empathise with Kevin Perkins' comments about packeted end bits, and also with his comments about stocking levels at tackle shops. It is very rare for me to get everything I want in one visit to a single tackle dealer and for some reason the bigger ones seem to be worse than the small dealers!

However this is not intended as a moan rather a big Hurrah! for a great little idea. Rob Cragg discovered, and bought for me at Chistmas, a beautiful little bits box. It is about the size of one of those hand warmers, so fits easily into a small pocket, it comprises two hinged halves that are securely clipped together when closed. On opening and a total of 12 compartments are revealed, each secured in the style of the little fox box. I reckpon that I will be able to keep all my bits secure - so no more hunting for swivels, beads etc. The little fox box is good but can come open in your pocket, because of the hinged construction this item just won't do that!!

A great idea but there is no manufacturers' name on it so I can't tell you what to ask for. I do know Rob got it from Stapeley Angling Centre, so if you are interested and live close enough have a look!