Since I bought my DIGITAL Camera

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Continuing the Digital camera theme, since I bought my DIGITAL Camera I take far more photos than I did with my previous film cameras.
Sadly, most are rubbish, but I am gradually improving and now and again I get a few good ones.
This certainly beats waiting for your film to be developed and being disappointed with the results. Although the mystery of what was on that roll of film has now vanished, as you can see the results instantly instead of a year later.

Colin

Colin Brett

Reaction score
But that's the whole point, you don't have to catch to take photos!
Believe me I haven't caught much either, but my mate thinks my camera is the Dogs you know whatits!

Colin

C

Cakey

I take my digi with me everywhere and take 100's of piccys then I go through them and maybe keep one or two.
If your not ready ,like Rik and myself was here then you could lose a picture of a life time.

James Wright

Reaction score
Colin, Been thinking about what you were saying about the digital camera saying it was rubbish. But most digital camera have resolution settings meaning if your resolution settings is high then u get a better picture but setting it on to the low resolution settins then the picture quailty would be poor maybe that what happened to you.

Colin Brett

Reaction score
James,
Sorry mate, I said most of my photos are rubbish [I am a useless photographer].
I understand how the camera works, just haven't got a good eye for shots.

One of my better ones is in "the Fens" article by Chris Bishop [landscape with lots of water]

Colin

E

EC

Anyone had problems with rechargeable batteries going dead quickly despite being fully charged, took 1 pic last weekend then the batteries conked!

M

michael brown

Eddie,
what type of batteries are you using ? I believe Ni-Cd suffer from "memory effect" which doesn't allow them to be fully recharged under certain circumstances.I use Ni-MH type which don't suffer from this.Also you can't use throw away batteries on some models as they aren't suited to the high-drain nature of the camera.(i've tried this once and the camera stays on for about half a second!!).A bit like trying to start a car with a motorbike battery,right voltage but not enough current.I've had my camera about 3 years now and am still using the original batteries which fully charge every time.

M

michael brown

forgot to say,cold weather will affect all types of batteries especially Li-Ion type.

C

Carp Angler

The biggest problem with batteries is the juice they can hold.
Their MaH (the amount of milli amperes that they can hold) will give you an idea of how long they will last.
Digi's really need either 1600 or 2000 MaH.

I bought some rechargeables here as they are very very cheap and the P+P is 95 pence.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
I upgraded my batteries to 200MaH Ni-MH (on Rik's advice) and they are far better. One thing you do have to do though when they are new is to fully charge and fully discharge them a number of times for them to get to their maximum efficiency.

James Wright

Reaction score
Personally I think having a digital camera is useful for fishing so don't up up on the digital camera u have colin!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Whilst your on the site at Rik's link have a look at THIS I was pricing them in Dixons and Argos and the wanted the full ?35 for them and that was with lower Mah rated batteries.

C

Carp Angler

and for anybody who uses recordable CD's, they sell the new 90 minutes ones(800 MB), a spindle of 25 for ?8.
They also sell camera media at painfully cheap prices.
They are bloody cheap, efficient and their P+P is 95p.

I haven't found anything on there that they are not the cheapest for.

C

Cakey

Been using them since you recomended them a little while ago ,as you say bloody cheap.
Back to the batteries the mah is how many milliamps per hour the battery can supply.
i.e. a digi camera that draws half an amp or 500ma would last for 4 hrs on the 2000mah batteries and the same camera would only last for 2 hrs on 1000mah batteries.

C

Cakey

sorry PER is wrong its for one hour.
i.e. 2000mah battery gives 2000ma for one hour.

M

michael brown

Maplin.co.uk are also cheap:
8x Ni-MH 1600mAh + charger for 8 =?17.99
12x Ni-MH 1800mAh batteries =?14.99

Orders over ?30 carriage free.Bargain.