Venues/Warwickshire

C

chris newman

Can anyone reccomend any good day ticket or club waters in and around Warwickshire as I have recently moved from Wales.

C

chris newman

I live in Leamington Spa.Which on first impressions seems to be a carp fishing void.

S

Stewart Bloor

Chris, try 'fisheries.co.uk.' There are a number of waters in Warwickshire you may be interested in.

P

peter munday

The Malt Shovel Angling Society is a nice little club (about 20 members), based in Southam and with own stretches of Avon and Leam in Leamington. My son, Mike Munday, on 01926 817164 can give you more info. Pete Munday

R

Ron Clay

I lived for nearly 4 years in Leamington Spa and Warwick. Forget carp, there is only muddy puddles around there. There is however some cracking chub and roach fishing in the River Leam, together with excellent roach a barbel fishing in the Warks Avon, all the way down to Bideford. If you have a car, the Severn is only 32 miles away. Might I suggest you call in Baileys of Warwick. They are ver helpful and will put tyou into lots of superb waters.

C

chris newman

Thank you all very much.The replys prompted a great 12 hr session in a freezing wind and a temperature of -1 at Penns Hall Fishery. Resulting in two fish, one of 11lb and one of 13-6.Warwickshire does not look too bad after all.

P

Paul Williams

Chris their are plenty of carp around where you live.....take a look at the Avon.....trust me!!

M

Malcolm Bason

Have you seen you pic, Rik? Oops, I'm told your a big bloke with a black belt in origami so I had better shut up????

P

Paul Williams

I'm not going to bite, anyway pegleg he can't be a Blackbelt...they have to go around twice !!!!! talking of pictures how did you get that silohette of you and a gugdeon!!!!!

M

Malcolm Bason

Its in silhouette so that I can insult you lot as much as I like and I won't be recognised if any of us ever meet on the riverbank! The Gudgeon is actually a MONSTER sized fish - its just that I am such a fat Bas***d it looks very small!