Felindre Servicing Shimano After Sales

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just off out for a few hours fishing, but I thought I would let you know, well those that don't know, what a great service these guys give.
I put my Shimano 5010 in the post at 12.06 on tuesday for a service and a slipping clutch.
Just got it back at 10.15 fully serviced and working as new.
Full service, a couple of drag washers and my RD postage of £3.40
total £21.30.

Felindre Servicing, Felindre, Swansea SA5 7ND (01792796584)

honslow

Reaction score
The guys at Felindre offer a top class service, second to none... Good for all Shimano tackle spares providing they haven't been discontinued for too long.

A

alan whittington

Thats great to hear Fred as on a thread slating mitchells somewhere on FM,it was mentioned how poor service was at Felindre,i shant have any worries sending them back now.:)

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
I'm sorry to say that this was not my experience of Felindre. I called when I needed a replacement section for my rod, and from answering the call onwards, they were curt to the point of rudeness and seemed completely unconcerned with my request - in fact, they sounded grudging even to look to see if there was a spare section. There wasn't, but I got no apology or suggestions to how I might resolve the problem, just a 'Bye,' click brrrrrrrrr

That was a couple of years ago. Maybe someone's cracked the whip there

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
That was a couple of years ago. Maybe someone's cracked the whip there
Things can change.

It was a couple of years ago now many of us on here were slating Harris Sportsmail saying it wasn't as good a service as when Chris and Sue Harris had it. Well, last Sunday I ordered a couple of unhooking tools and they were delivered, post free, on Tuesday morning. Can't complain about that.

Back to your Felindre, Fred, sorry.

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure it was Felindre - I think that5's Shimano's only service department. Correct me if I'm wrong. But pleased to hear that someone in the UK understands the meaning of the word 'service.'

While we're handing out the plaudits, I must say that Medion, which makes all the electronic gear for Aldi, is absolutely superb. Truly excellent, courteous and knowledgeable staff answer the phone and what's more important, they answer the phone quickly. I've used them several times and never once have I been let down in any way.