Outsize waterproofs

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

Despite many UK firms making XXXXL,Giant,King or what ever.I have unfortunately found that they all think that a 23stone angler is 8' tall!Do any of them realise most 23 stone anglers are just 6' fat gits!It looks like I will have to spend the first couple of months of my guiding season in France.If you dont know it normally pees down in March and April.I would be most gratefull if anyone knows of a firm that produces reasonable tailor made wet gear? I normally buy from the States but time will not allow.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Budgie, try Protak. My mate is 23 stone and 5ft tall and Protak have custom made all his wet gear for little more than their standard prices.

<a href=http://www.protak.com/>Protak</A>

M

Mike Fidler

Budgie, i'm 6'3" and 21 stone and found that the Sundrige Nimbus stuff was a good fit. You may have tried it already.

Mike

M

mike smith

I know something which will help with your clothes not fitting.........it's called Slimfast.

(You wouldn't hit a man with glasses would you ?)

Mike.

P

Paul Williams

Nah, he couldn't catch you !!! not after all the 16oz grills he has !! I'm talking about Mike!! dunno how fast Budgie can run so no comment!!!!

C

Carp Angler

It was 18oz and it was yummy.
I always feel ripped off when a mixed grill only comes on one plate.

Budgie, my waterproof trousers are the Sundridge flotation suit in Giant(2 piece), might be a bit warm for France in the spring.

Just do what I do, stand out in the rain in shorts (a la Atcham).

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

Thanks for the help guys.Smithy come down to visit me I reckon I would lose loads of weight chasing you around the Dojo!Must admitt it would probabley be the easiest option though!Carp Angler there is nothing warm about the Saonne in Spring!First six or so weeks of our season it traditionally pisses down.Saonne weather comes as a bit of a shock to us Ebro boys.The reason that I have a lot of problem with cloths is that I have short legs and a long body.The tailor made quilted suit I have is great but not waterproof.For ease in the boat I feel that bib and braces might be my best bet as a one piece is a bit awkward to get off/in to in the boat and two pice (trousers and jacket) ride up exposing your back.Any views?I had even toyed with the idea of Neoprene chest waders.Even though I always wear a life jacket when afloat do you think they would be safe?

C

Carp Angler

The two piece floatation suit is bib and brace and jacket and it's very warm and waterproof.
I have neoprene chesties and I wouldn't trust them in a boat, I think they would weigh you down too much.
I would rather be wet/cold/alive as opposed to warm/dry/dead(then cold).