lunchon meat

J

jamie varcoe

hi can you help?
i use lunchon meat very often and i was wondering if i could add a flavour like marmite or something can you tell me if there is any good flavours that can be added to lunchon meat to catch carp tench bream
thanx JV

B

Birds Nest

marmite is good, try frying it in some sort of spice... or Hutchies monster crab is good 2...

daniel pearce

Reaction score
Hi jamie
try frying the luncheo meat for a couple of seconds until is is a bit harder
from daniel pearce
P.S please write back tonight

J

John Howard

Flavouring meat is easy. cube or slice the meat as required. Take a freezer bag and add the flavour to the bag scrunch up the bag to spread it around. Add the meat and then shake it all about to coat the meat. Seal the bag and place in the freezer. When required take it and allow to thaw before use. Archie Braddocks flavours give the dose required for tins of meat.

J

John McLaren

If you don't want to splash out on designer flavours try adding cury powder (strong as you like) whilst frying or shaken in a bag as described by John Howard above. Good for carp, tench and Barbel at the very least.

T

Terry Comerford

Jamie, have a walk along the aisles at your local supermarket, the shelves are stuffed with flavourings for luncheon meat.
Curry pastes,gravy flavourings,spices,and sauces, all add an extra edge to plain old luncheon meat.

P

Phil Heaton

Try the curried and chinese style barbeque powdered flavourings, then freeze the lumps of luncheon meat until required.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Turmeric has always done the trick for me.Fry in some oil along with plenty of the spice until a hardish crust forms.This means the bait will stay on the hook longer if your trundling etc

Changing the size/shape of the meat on the hook can also give you a bit of an edge.See Matt Hayes's article in last weeks AT for example.