Severely Depressed!!!

• Thread starter Alan (brush) Broomhead
  • Start date
A

Alan (brush) Broomhead

Anyone know how to rig a car to explode if the doors aren't opened in the correct sequence??

Yes, you've guessed it, my fishing tackle just got nicked from my car. Was a 'hit and run' type thing, they just targeted my Fishing Box and Rodbag

I think they waited for me to fit the new Octoplus system to my old Shakespeare Box before they decided to hit it. Boy am I pi$$ed !!!

Car Insurance will not cover replacement and I don't have Home & Contents, so guess it will be a while till I get out on the bank again .... sigh

If you live in the Beswick area of Manchester and hear of any 'cheap' fishing kit for sale, especially a Black Seatbox with a new Octoplus levelling system fitted (Oh and a great big bright yellow Bennets of Sheffield Sticker on it), I would be eternally grateful for any information

G

Gerry Castles

Sorry to hear that Alan. I have an original Shakespeare box (the big blue one) in the loft which I'd willingly give you should you by some slim chance ever be in the London (south) area at any time.

S

Stu Black

Thats awful, sorry to haer that Alan. I'm going to put mine back in the garage right now!

Chris Hammond

Reaction score
Hi Alan,

Bad luck mate.

I don't know what sort of fishing you're into, but I've got a 9ft Masterline John Wilson spinning rod, still in the packaging here that was an unwanted prize. You're more than welcome to it if it would help get you on the bank again. I could post it to you if you like.

Regards Chris

A

Alan (brush) Broomhead

Gerry....
Many thanks for your kind and generous offer, the thought was much appreciated mate (although I don't venture far from home since the heart op 18 months ago).

Stu....
Wish I'd thought of that last night ... oh but wait, I don't have a garage (damn)

I just hope my misfortune, acts as a warning to others. Next time you are out on the bank, catch one for me ... and btw, mine will be the biggest one!!!...lol

G

Gerry Castles

If anyone out there goes between London and the Manchester in the course of their work, let me know I can drop the box of anywhere in the London area.

M

Malcolm Bason

Sorry to hear that Alan! Its something I dread as I keep putting off insurance! Guess I'd better get my finger out.

A

Alan (brush) Broomhead

Chris....
Once again may I say thanks for your very generous and charitable offer, but I feel I must refuse, hopefully without seeming ungrateful.

Let me try and explain why ...

Firstly, and probably the most important reason, is because I have no-one to blame for my misfortune except myself, I became too complacent.

Secondly, and this is a major failing on my part, but I have a problem accepting charity. I know this will sound stupid of me, but if I tell you that I was out of work for 3 years and refused to apply for state benefits you may get some idea of my mindset.

Finally, I am hoping to marry my american sweetheart later this year and move to the land of the free and this will necessitate me disposing of all my material possessions before moving out there.

I do hope you understand my reasoning.

May I add that all the kind thoughts warmed my heart and has gone a long way to restoring my faith in humanity. I would be hard pressed to find a better bunch of lads anywhere on the net. Thank you

R

Rodney Wrestt

Alan,
sorry to hear about the thieving scum finding your car whilst still loaded with you tackle, and to Gerry & Chris well done on your offers of replacement kit, as Alan said restores the faith, nice one lads.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
"Firstly, and probably the most important reason, is because I have no-one to blame for my misfortune except myself, I became too complacent"

Bulls**t mate. Anybody SHOULD have the right to leave their possesions locked up in their car without some scumbag having it away. Just another example of the sorry state that our pathetic politicians have allowed our country to get into with their mamby pamby soft attitudes.

If a few scumbags were caught and publicly birched we might just be able to make this kind of incident a rare exception again one day.

B

Bob Watson

Damn right Dave. Public humiliation is a bigger deterrent than prison to these arseholes, it wouldn't do to be seen getting your arse smacked in public would it. Get sent to prison, it carries a bit of street cred yeah!!
Sorry to hear about this incident Alan, that's twice it's happened to members of this forum in a few months (that I know of) it may have happened before I joined. Just makes you wonder how often it happens to people who don't post here.

A

Alan (brush) Broomhead

Couldn't agree more lads....

Maybe the Arab States have it right, they cut off their bloody hands. They don't do it again in a hurry !!!, well not with that hand anyways ;-)

P

Phil Hatton

Alan,Ilive in Urmston,about ten miles from Beswick.If you want to get out sometime give me a mail,I probably have enough gear for two.It's not top flight but it is usable.Failing that let me know when you can get out and I'll lend you what you need

D

Dave O'L

Hope you get sorted soon Alan.

Just make sure that nothing happens to your your other tackle before you jet off with your beloved!

A

Alan (brush) Broomhead

Phil ....
Much as I hate to admit it, Bob is absolutely right, that is an offer I cannot possibly argue with, and I shall be in touch shortly, thank you very much.

Bob ....
Thank you for pointing out the obvious ;-p

Dave ....
Did you mean, make like a squirrel and keep my nuts safe until they are needed?? .... lol

B

Bob Watson

Alan,
Hope you get the same sort of comraderie in the US. A tough move to make in any circumstances. I'm looking at OZ, my uncle moved there in 85 and reckons I'll make a fortune if I emigrate. It's having the balls to go. Looks like you've got big balls, or is that lack of W...

D

Dave O'L

I thought that was someone elses head next to Alan's Bob.
Are you telling me it's one of Alan's najers??
No wonder you look like you're leaning over too one side Alan.

B

Bob Watson

Grandkids can be heavy can't they Al, that's my guess anyway!!