For Terry Comerford

S

Sascha Welsch

Hi Terry,
I've noticed a variety of stunning photos which you've had with your profile. Do you have them displayed on a website for general viewing at all? Or how about an article about your all time favourite shots?

What camera/film do you use?

S

Sascha Welsch

Hi Terry,
I've noticed a variety of stunning photos which you've had with your profile. Do you have them displayed on a website for general viewing at all? Or how about an article about your all time favourite shots?

er.........nice day isn't it.

Do you think he'll notice Dave?

T

Terry Comerford

Thanks Sasha, no I dont have a website but it is something I will consider in the future.
Most of my photography is angling related the wildlife/weather shots are a seperate buisness I am developing (no pun intended) this year.
Cameras are 35mm Cannon Eos 5s,with lenses of 20mm to 400mm.
Eos 5s are now discontinued, (I have 8), as they suit the way I work.
The quality of 35mm film is still the industry benchmark, but digital equipment is improving every day.
I try not to publish too many shots on the web as the reproduction quality is poor.
As an angler you will have many oportunities to produce super photographs and I would recommend that you should always take a camera on every trip.
That wasnt too long was it Dave?
(I had to edit it 6 times!)

D

Dave Rothery

yeah yeah same old story. 35mm blah blah blah digital rubbish blah blah lenses blah blah website poor blah blah blah

C

Chris Bishop

Most photogs I work with use Nikon D1 cameras. The quality is certainly as good as film as far as newspaper repro is concerned and they can file pics from anywhere with a powerbook/mobile phone.

Sorry Dave.

T

Terry Comerford

Dave, stop baiting people, this is the friendliest site on the web, remember.
Post a few of your best digi pics in your 'Face It' box.
As I am still learning about digi, it would be a pleasure to see a digi photographers images on the site.

D

Dave Rothery

posting them at 100x120 wont really do them justice - as they dont yours. the problem is that to see the comparable quality you really need to see them printed off on a half decent photo printer. the TIFF pictures i take are between 9 and 14mb per picture (at 2048x1536) - if you got broadband i'll mail you one (and anyone else!).

T

Terry Comerford

Mine look ok at 100x120,and they are on old fashioned 35mm, scanned, and sent down 56k.
Go on, do half a dozen they will be superb resized from those Tiffs,and from original files they will make mine look like snaps.

D

Dave Rothery

okey ****ey dokey blokey - i guess my "bender from futurama" face change'll have to wait.

D

Dave Rothery

first pic is saunton sands in devon at low tide looking back upto the sand dunes. the mirror effect comes from the water draining off the sand. they might not change it till 2moro

A

Alan (brush) Broomhead

That's what they all say Dave, but when you turn your back they giggle ;-)