Bait Dropper

jcs

Reaction score
Hi All

There are a few type's on the market but which one do you find the best for the job.

Nigel (manu31999)

quickcedo

Reaction score
I've tried most and i must be honest some are better than others. The trouble is different dropper for different situations and amount/type of bait being fed etc etc. I now make my own, cheaper (coz they do get lost) and better. better because you can design for the intended situation/bait.

jcs

Reaction score
Hi mark t

I know what your say but just looking for some feedback on which make to go for.

Any help would be great.
Been looking at the Fox one's online, anyone use them and what do you think of them.

Nigel (manu31999)

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
I've got a Fox one(medium) and it works fine. I also have a selection of the round brass ones in various sizes. The smaller ones are great for low bait quantity and low splash entry.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Nigel,

I use both the Fox and the Seymo bait droppers in small and medium sizes.

I prefer the Seymo, maybe because it has been used a lot more, but the small ones are really good, very little entry splash and I've never had one go 'wrong' on me.

quickcedo

Reaction score
Yeah if I had to buy one it would be Seymo.
Speci, next time you are over I'll bring one with me and you can have a go. In certain circumstances they are a must, depends on flow, depth and what you are trying to feed.

Matthew White

Reaction score
I got some on ebay last season. There are a few different sizes, I got some which were advertised as medium, which were about 10cm diameter. They are black and made by a company called Northern Angling I think.
Cheap as chips (£3 for a pack of 4) but well made.