Disabled boats

Derek Harvey

Reaction score
I had an horrific fishing accident 18 months ago that left me partially disabled.

I would like a new boat that is disability friendly.

Could you recommened one? I would fish in the North Sea, and money isn't an issue.

Thank you in advance.

Derek Harvey.

D

Dave Godwin

Hi derek what is the extent of your disability ?, you can email me if you want
skip@blueyonder.co.uk. there is a lot of work being done on my marina this spring and i may be able to help you (thames estuary)

Dave

Derek Harvey

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies.

My disabilitiy is quite large. The accident caused damage to me right buttock, right ear and all the toes on my right foot. Therefore, I find it difficult to walk or stand up for long periods of time.

I am interested in the Thames Estuary.

joe - I visited that site. Thank you.

D

Dave Godwin

Hi again Derek i think we can help you it only a short walk from the car park to the boat and you can sit down all day on the boat if you wish
we start again as from the first of march check out my website to see if you thick it will suit you www.davegodwin.co.uk

Dave

G

Gerry Castles

Derek it's not an easy question to answer and if I read you correctly you're actually looking for a new boat to buy. If that is so then it is really a matter of gathering as much info. on boats within your budget and then trying out your selection to see which one most suits your special needs or which can be adapted to suit. You've unfortunately missed the best opportunity to do that at the London Boat Show which finished a few weeks ago. There is another show at Southampton but I think that is in the Autumn. There will be other smaller shows around the UK during the summer and I would advise you to check them out. The shows are your best opportunity to get a shortlist together and test them physically. I would also think about where you intend to keep the boat. 'Afloat' in an organised and staffed marina is the easiest option but marinas do vary in terms of accessability, how close to the boat you can park etc and were I in your position I would want to find a suitable mooring resonably close to home before finding a boat, since that may influence your choice of craft.

Ronald Robinson

Reaction score
my name is ron i would like a fishing mate i live in chelsea have two children and a wife i would like to form friedship with view to fishing i work in an infirmary i drive am willing to share