Change of email address

R

Richard Drayson

Folks, I'll be changing my ISP in 2 weeks time.
What's the correct procedure?
Will I have to 're-join' this website or can I keep my current settings/password to log on???

C

Cheese Paste

Click on My FishingMagic and you can put your new e-mail in there. That should sort it.

B

Bob Watson

You shouldn't need to change anything to log on, I log from all over the place, my Dads, a couple of mates etc. As cheese paste says, you'll need to re-enter your email to receive post from Graham.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

No you dont need to do nowt, just have to re login.

R

Richard Drayson

OK fellas, I,ve just tried to log-in with an imaginary new email address and used my old password, result... not able to log-in.

B

Bob Watson

Yep you're right Richard, I'm not thinking clearly, when I log onto fm on other pc's I have to put my own email addy in to log on.

D

Dave Johnson

you can have loads a log ons....
Last time Carpangler stayed over at mine,he logged on a few times on my PC and I saved the settings...being the 'tw@t'that I am......bet he's getting some 'spam' now......

R

Richard Drayson

Fellas, just to update this thread.
After changing my ISP from Freeserve to NTL I re-joined this site and then found that there were 2 of me listed as members.

I then contacted Robin at magicalia who kindly deleted my new profile and gave me clear instructions on how to re-join with a new email address.

What I should have done in the first place was to log in as usual but with my old email address. Then go to the My Magic page and change my email address.

The only thing to do then was to validate my account.

Like many things in life, simple when you know how.

It's great to be back :)