Whats the difference between

• Thread starter Stuart (Cheese Paste) Harvey
  • Start date
S

Stuart (Cheese Paste) Harvey

I'm sure you could get away with a 2.5lb tc pike rod for pike and carp and indeed most large fish but what are the differences between the two?

B

Bob Watson

This ones been done before Cheesey, haven't got time to go through the threads but it's there somewhere.

B

Bob Watson

Found it!
<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/forum/forummessages.asp?URN=1&UTN=5162&SP=&V=1#57848>HERE</a>

C

Chris Bishop

Pike rods usually have a slower action as they're designed for casting heavier weights without tearing the bait off the hooks, etc.

Stuart, whereabouts are you - I don't think you're that far from several of us so if you fancy a day out somewhere before the end of the season give us a shout.

Promise it'll be better than when me and Rick took Dave Cooper piking a few weeks back.

S

Stuart (Cheese Paste) Harvey

I live in Milton Keynes and was going to post a thread to see if there are any pikefishers around.

C

Chris Bishop

If you can get up to Ely/Cambs area I'm sure someone can sort you a day out.

Andy Young

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to work in a tackle shop for a while. One gentleman was convinced the buying a Drennen Zander float would stand him a better chance of catching one as opposed to Pike!!!!!!