Red Letter Days

S

Shrek

I've managed to secure myself enough Red Letter Day certificates to go on the Bob James Fishing Experience. Our company run an employee of the month award and you get a blue certificate everytime you win. I am so looking forward to going, just need to decide when.

Has anyone else been on this, or know of someone who has? What do you actually get to do? How good is it? Do you get to fish still and running water? The write up in the brochure isn't that specific, it just gives an outline of the day.

R

Richard Drayson

Adrian, just had a look at the Red Letter Days website.
It looks like you'll be fishing on the R. Kennet. Hope you enjoy the day.
More info here

C

Chris Bishop

Ady/Rich,

How does this work - never heard of it but it sounds brilliant.

D

David Will

My brother in law enjoyed his fluff flinging day with Charles Jardine, he is a non angler though , easily pleased.

R

Richard Drayson

Hi Chris, it sounds as though Adrian works for a company that gives Red Letter Day vouchers for their employee of the month.
I'm sure Adrian will be able to enlarge on this.

Otherwise you pay your money for whichever day you are looking for.

If you look at the site you'll see that they offer all sorts of days.

S

Shrek

Yes, that's right Richard. Each month the winner is awarded with a Red Letter Day voucher to the value of ?49, in their terms a Blue Voucher. You can then either use this straight away on anything from the Blue Level, add some money to your voucher and go for somehting more extravagant, or save them up, like I did and trade them all in on a higher experience. I noticed at Christmas that Allders were selling these off the shelf.

Rich, I'd already got the info you linked to, I was wondering if anyone else had been on the same experience and how good they thought it was.

I had thought about the fluff flinging day but would have had to have forked out on some tweeds !!!!!

If it's OK, I'll try and put together a report after I've been and send it to Graham to see if it's worth posting. I've got until 8th December to use it, however the season that it's on for is June to October, just right for some BIG roach towards the end of that spell then.

Laters.