Fish and Pain or not as the case seems

C

Craig Smith

Graham,
I read the small article in the paper yesterday with great interest. As the paper gave such a part I decided to e-mail Prof Rose and he sent me the whole paper if u are interested or anybody else?.

P

Paul Lovejoy

I think its great news. PETA have responded in typical fashion totally denying it. I'd love a copy of the report, and would appreciate it if you could email it to me. I think FM should provide a link to it on the website.

P

Phil Hackett

Craig
Thanks for posting this, but there are two threads running on this topic, have a look at Richard Drayson's thread as many have contributed to it.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/forum/forummessages.asp?URN=4&UTN=6137&last=1&SP=&V=1>'Anglers let off the hook'</a>.

G

Gerry Castles

Sorry guys if I digress a little but still on the PETA theme take a look at
<a href=http://www.pilotonline.com/opinion/op0206dou.html>www.pilotonline.com</A>

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've just read it and it epitomises everything that is wrong with PETA and all these animal rights groups. Click on Gerry's link and read it.

It makes you sick to your stomach that we anglers have to tolerate attacks from sick organisations such as this.

F

Fred Bonney

Graham ,I totaly agree with you,but isn't funny how the writer forgot to mention people in Palestine are dying?
It seems to me that, wherever you look, there is usually, only one side to the story!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I see your point Fred, but Peta hadn't noticed that any people, anywhere, were dying. The most important thing to them was that a donkey had seen its last carrot.

C

Craig Smith

Phil my mistake I didn't look properly before starting this thread.
I read the letter Gerry I didn't know which 2 do laugh or to punch the damn screen!!
Wouldn't it be nice to live your life in such an arrogant, inconsiderent and blinkered to the real world way that Inrid Newkirk seems 2!

Amy Sears

Reaction score
"I see your point Fred, but Peta hadn't noticed that any people, anywhere, were dying. The most important thing to them was that a donkey had seen its last carrot."maybe if you anglers actually left your boat for a bit you'd understand that peta is an ANIMAL rights group.. hence the reason they protect animal rights.after you've fished out all our lakes, and have nothing left to do, you can actually do your research. And in what way does Ingrid Newkirk, (learn to spell someones name before you disrespect them) live in an arrogant way? Is it that she dedicates her life to saving the lives of animals that cannot speak for themselves? And i'd like you to tell me what the "real world" way of living is. If you guys maybe weren't too old to understand that times have changed, there may have been some reasoning with you. And there are COUNTLESS groups out there helping starving people, so whats the problem with having animal rights groups? So say i agreed that fish don't feel any pain, does it make it right to take away a life for fun? if a human is under anesthetic, is it right to kill them just because they don't feel it? even after fish are thrown back into the water, many fish die of stress and injuries. http://www.fishinghurts.com/FishFeelPain.aspthis is the most simple explanation i could find to explain, hopefully you understand.ps. "The biggest ever study " makes no f***ing sense.<hr />

Post edited for foul language - GM, which is not surprising considering this foul-mouthedgirl can only make her ill informed points by stressingher inaccuracies with profanities. If she'd done a little research of her own she would discover that anglers save more lives of fish than any other human being on the planet - and that includes the total membership of Peta.

I wonder how many members of Peta are members of any body that fights pollution, the biggest fish killer of all? How many of them spend their spare time tending to river banks and other fishery management projects to make sure the fish have a safe place to live? How many members of Peta petition local government when they're about to fill in yet another natural lake?

Probably not a single one of them; they'd much rather come on here and spout the ill-informed crap like that from the foul-mouthed Searsgirl above who probably thought releasing mink into the wild, that went on to slaughter millions of fish, was a great idea.

"If you guys maybe weren't too old to understand that times have changed, there may have been some reasoning with you." She says.

And if she was a little older and wiser she'd understand that anglers are nothing like what she imagines, or what Peta's indoctrination hasled her to believe.

Mind you, she's not even bright enough to have realised that this thread was started over 6 years ago, so what can you expect?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Another numpty from the Planet Peta, that unreal world where they think all fish are like Nemo.

B

Bully

Lol - that's really funny actually. Not only is she so unintelligent that she does not realise we put 99% of our fish back alive and healthy, but she also has a go about poor spelling, and then produces really poor grammar!

What a waster......

C

Cakey

I hope she is good looking with big tits............................got nothing else going for her

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've just read it Stuart, and it's the same old story, going to any lengths to prove a point.

Which completely ignores the common sense point that if you canfeel pain you can't pull back when you have a hook through any part of your body, and that includes foul-hooked fish that fight just as hard as any hooked in the lip.

If any Peta numpties, and any oftheir pet scientists,want to put that to the test I'llbe pleased tohook them and do the pulling.

P

Phillips Jerry

Maybe the question we should be asking ourselves is, if fish do feel pain are you going to carry on fishing ?