Fishing in Western Australia

Andy Khakoo

Reaction score
I am going to Perth for a few weeks in May, I know little of the fishing in this area, has anyone been or know of any contacts who may be able to pass on some basic info, I'd like to plan a few days fishing before I get there. Many thanks.

S

Stuart Bullard

Somewhere on another forum thread on FM I am sure someone came up with a website for a newly formed organisation in Oz for Course Fishing, which I gather isn't that big a sport (unlike game and sea fishing).

If its course, game or sea I bet you could soon find a site by doing a Google search.

G

Gerry Castles

www.campbellsprotackle.com. Top tackle shop in Perth, sure they'd give you some good advice. Looks the sort of place you'd want to leave your plastic behind before entering the door.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Andy the site for all coarse fishing in Oz is
www.coarsefishing.ws

Hope this helps it has all the contacts for all coarse clubs in OZ and quite a bit of info, results etc

Kia Ora

K

Kevan Farmer

Andy. Perth has quite a large contingent of British ex-pats so if there is any caorse fishing to be found it will be here. As opposed to the rest of the country where coarse fishing is almost none existant. I could walk for miles along the Torrens in Adelaide and never come across another angler. Yes, there are fish in there but nobody bothers with them. If you catch a carp be careful. You are supposed to destroy them by law as they are classed as vermin.

Kevan

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Before you go knocking all your carp on the head please check the rules as OZ is constantly changing the vermin classification of carp and other introduced species, it all depends on where you are so just check first.