Bluefin Tuna Fishing in Ireland

Jon Reynolds

Reaction score
After reading articles over the last couple of years of the Bluefin Tuna fishing in West Ireland i would be very interested to know if anyone out there would like to join me in having a bash at these beasts. I have made tentative enquiries to a charter skipper in Donegal, who has been fishing for these fish for the last few years and last year his boat had some BIG fish. It is not cheap, but 4 people could spread the costs quite nicely. If not for 2003, as availability is limited, then for 2004. I have put together quite an amount of information that i think is required for this style of fishing. The possibility to break the 1000lb barrier on rodand line is a reality, and would put the capture on the front cover of every fish magazine in the country, and also make the West Coast of Ireland one of the BIG GAME hotspots in Europe which can only be good business for the community.Line class records will fall year after year, and i believe whilst the fishery is in it's infant stages so to speak, it would be a great opportunity to develop the fishery for future generations. Please contact me if this interests you or you have already sampled this type of fishing. my email address is jon.reynolds@venturehire.co.uk

C

Chris Bishop

Look Colin Brett up mate - he's written a piece on here about them somewhere, try a search in features.

He's listed in the members list or you can contact him via the Ely and Fenland Pike Anglers Club website. He's been over and had a go, there were some amazing stories doing the rounds last year after a few got caught.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=1&UAN=2125>'Bluefin Tuna in Ireland'</a>