Fladen gear

B

Bob Watson

My local tackle shop has just stocked fladen baitrunners in the 6000 size for ?40.
Plenty of ball bearings, 3 free spools. They feel ok in the hand. Anyone had any experience of fladen tackle?

S

Stu Black

Only in a shop, but they felt superb, as smooth as my shimano's and MUCH better than my okuma reel. I thought they were 30 quid tho (but my memeory is crap). I'll check tomorrow.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Nope, but when it comes to baitruners Bob, stick to Shimano. Although relatively expensive compared to your Fladens or your badger, they will last you for years and te service and support is second to none. If you get stuck then give me a shout.

B

Bob Watson

What about Daiwa, just found the Regal Z 4050 or 4550 size for 40 quid, seems a reasonable price. Any good and are they big enough for general Piking and occasional Carping?
Or are shimano the "reel" deal when it comes to baitrunners?

T

The Monk

I would stick with Shimano Bob. they are excellent engineers and equally have a first class after sales service, I use their reels and have a full set of their gears on three mountain bikes, all have given first class service for years

R

Rodney Wrestt

I have a pair of daiwa's and an Okuma Epix, I think you should have a look at these as Okuma supplied some of the big names before going it alone so the quality is not in question.

J

joe foxall

im in agreement with rodney ive got 2 shimanos, diawa and an okuma, i always go to the diawa and epix for pike and carp never let me down yet.

L

Les Clark

Bob,I had a pair of regal z4050 but fell apart after a couple of yrs,all right for tench&bream, but a bit lightweight for pike,carp.