Bivy birds

daren heslop

Reaction score
i may be wrong but it seems to me that most of this site is taken up by people being clicky and brown nosing each other. I expect a lot of the fishins at places like selby are taken up by wandering in to each others bivys in the dead of night. " Oh Graham ive caught this braid round my zip, could you pull it off darling"

C

Chris Bishop

No mate, it's just friendly and a lot of people have got to know each other and made some good mates through it.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Sounds like Daren's done a lot of 'pulling it off'.

daren heslop

Reaction score
At last i got a reply.I apologise for the previous goading but i have been posting my oppinions and getting little response!I applaud the fact that no one came back with such nasty retorts.I expected to be put in my place by the Monk.Maybe thats just a subconcious thing.Maybe im on the wrong site.Does anyone know the web adress of the black friers ? Sorry im just rambling now.Time for the wooden hill.

C

Chris Bishop

It's a great site mate, get involved.

You say you're a piker where are you from..?

I guessed Cumbria or the north-west from the livebait comment on the NFA thread.

S

Stu Black

Daren, your only other thread (that I've seen) on Wharfe chub got 15 useful replies, with a lot of good info in them. What are you basing your above posting on?

G

Gerry Castles

Monk putting someone in their place ? hehehehehehehohohohohohohehehehehohohohohoha
hahahahahehehehehehohohohohohohahahahahahaha

daren heslop

Reaction score
If im honest i have already learned a lot from this site.Chris ...Im from yorks.Buti hope u dont hold it against me.

S

Stuart Bullard

This site clicky!?!

Where esle can you call Stu D a fat, amoral w.....r, Monk a basket case and "loaded McWallet" a tight fisted 60 year old??

If you think I am brown nosing any of their arses you are well off the mark!

As for Warren........well, I'd need a whole article.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Stu D a fat, amoral W**ka? How dare you Bullard. I'm sorry Graham but this site is so clicky I'm outa here. Im not staying around to be abused by this lot, don't know about my sensitive side Graham?

Fat - Yes!
W**ka - Yes!
But amoral, thats just dam right insulting mate. There is nothing amoral or slightly imporal about any of my actions and to prove it, Im going to cash some selby cheques and fly away somewhere to find myself.....Now let me see, whats that noice link up there on the right that says 'fantastic winter fishing'

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Cya then. Oh how we are all gonna miss the sloath.

NOT

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Oi Stu-pot, you coming to connington? surely you come to that one matey, only up the road for you! All work made four-eyes a dull boy! Come on, you've blown out Selby, you gotta squeeze some in boysy?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Darren, ‘Clicky’ and Brown-nosing’ is what we’re not mate. Now I’m not gonna load up and give you two barrels here but I do think its fair to say you need a couple of pointers in the right direction. The minute I thought this site had become ‘clicky’, it’d be the minute I left. What we have here is a club of friends all willing to share experiences, advice and think-tanks with the rest of the English speaking world. Clicky would surely mean closed door and private????? My second point is that many of us lot have thought as hard as F**k to keep this site from turning into every other fishing site on the web i.e. we’ve kept commercial aspects at bay and have focussed on humour and fun while remaining as educational as possible. I’ve learnt so much from the guys on here, (even Warren), well you know what I mean though?
I saw a posting of yours last night Darren where you accused many for brown-nosing on Warrens thread. I think the trick is to read the posts and then read them again before you make judgement as what you wouldn’t of known was that Cakey, Mike Lee, Warren and myself were all on MSN and winding Warren up for a change. I actually got him to start the thread.
Darren, don’t take it to heart matey, but we are so not clicky. And as for Selby…..