Fishingmagic Concept/Harrisons

K

Kevin Perkins

Glad to see that the above rod has gone into production. Nice to see that the manufacturers (Harrsions)were good enough to both listen to ideas and had the courage to go ahead with the project. Now the 'all round' boys have got their toy, how about a distance casting weapon for some of us others. One that can be used for carp, pike or bass, for instance, without the owner being ridiculed for using the 'wrong' gear. Might even need to have twin tips, one 2-4 oz another 4-6 ozs. Any suggestions for the spec on such a tool?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Hi Kev, I must admit I couldn't think of anyone better to build and make my rods than Harrisons. Regarding your brief of a bespoke powerful casting machine well I looked at the Harrison Chimera that max out at 12 foot. I needed that little extra and they forwarded bespoke 12.6 blanks. All my rods are Harrisons and I wouldn’t want anything else.

C

Chris Bishop

I'm still saving up for a pair of the last ones for boat fishing the rivers.

Kev, I think you're big problems going to be the pikers want a slower-actioned rod that'll cast heavy baits without tearing them off the hooks, while the carp and bass guys are throwing bigger leads and smaller baits.

T

The Monk

Must admit, I do like my Harrisons, I have three of the Gladiators by youngie, found them excellent for the French waters